View Single Post
Old 2013-02-28, 11:23 AM   #62
Double_Rs
EJ18

Car: 2007 STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSpeed Auto View Post
We can absolutely take care of your 90k service Ralph. That usually runs about $325 give or take for a turbo Subaru using Royal Purple oil, plus another $150 or so if you want us to do spark plugs, which are usually part of the 60k and 120k service. Bot prices are far, far better than at either Subaru dealer locally, and extremely competitive among the aftermarket shops in the area.
Sweet, I want to do everything on this list http://www.subaru.com/content/downlo...006SchedCA.pdf, replace and perform everything listed for the 60k service, the works. It has everything the 90k service has but with some additions like the fuel filter and plugs from what I can see. This is the first "mod" I guess I want to do since the car is new to me.

I'm a little hesitant on using royal purple though. I haven't had personal experience with that brand during my honda days, but knew a few friends who ran it with their RSXs and complained that they were burning a lot of oil with that brand, then switched over to Mobil1 and said it improved as far as oil consumption (checking levels every week). I don't know if there's any technological explanation for this or they're just goons mashing on their vtec all day, but its prompted me to stick with the oil I've used anyways (Mobil1 full synthetic) ever since I got my integra. What are your thoughts on this? Keep in mind that I'm only using my rex for a DD so I might not even reach the temps to fully use the advantages of using Purple.
Double_Rs is offline   Reply With Quote