View Single Post
Old 2007-02-12, 11:13 PM   #4
sybir
The Don

Car: '97 Legacy / '05 FXT
Class: low

Quote:
Originally Posted by left footed whooten View Post
You're kidding. Did you just have your swap done? That, my friend, is a bag of dicks.
Yeah, was jsut a stock JDM EJ25, but fresh, low-mile longblock with all seals. Motor sounds awesome, zinging right through the rev range.............with the car in gear and barely moving.

Old tranny (240k, with a half-ass rebuild by the same shop that took such good care of Scott's car, heh) + old burned fluid = somehting that works perfectly...............until your buddy tries to help out with a nice fresh fluid and filter cahnge on the tranny. Everyting was done perfectly, but the clutch plates in the 4EAT were already gone

So now I get to decide between a rebuild ($$$), making a WRX auto work ($$ + potential PITA + unknown + rear end + axle swap), or a 5-speed swap ($, bunch of work, +rear end + axle swap, random stuff like cruise not working in my commuter car). Leaning towards option 1 for ease of everything, but I hate putting money into it at this rate, even though I know it'll be solid for a while after this.

But, back to the lights. Uber-clean. If I had it to do over, I probably wouldn't blow the money I did on Morettes, I love the stock front end.