View Single Post
Old 2013-10-14, 12:05 PM   #4
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

It's been ages since I've gone into the Lithia Parts dept. Now that Don and Gaynelle are both gone, that place seems to suck.

Case in point, the rear wiper blade on my Outback is kaput. Since it's a dealer-only blade on the rear (apparently), I figured I'd run by the parts dept. on my lunch break. Not only did it take me 30 minutes to get in and out of there, I left empty handed because "we've got 3 listed, but apparently my inventory is wrong". That shit *never* happened with the previous crew. Not to mention, they needed my VIN number to know what blade goes on my car. Seriously? I bet the rear blade on every Subaru for the last 10 years is the same part. But I'm not the professional that is supposed to know that... you guys are.

So anyway, nothing personal against the people working over there... but something as simple as picking up a rear wiper blade, a part that is sold frequently should be on-hand in droves especially in the fall, should be a 20 second in-and-out type deal.

Looks like I'm ordering online for even the simple stuff... especially since all the people that knew me over there are gone now and I'm not likely to get the discount they used to give me.