Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Classifieds > User Classifieds

User Classifieds Got stuff to sell? Looking for something to buy? Check here!

Old 2006-04-03, 11:07 PM   #1
ryan4601
EJ22

Car: 2004 wrx
Default random things i have

hey guys, well i have some random parts sitting around my garage so just checking to see if anyone wants to have them.(for a small fee of course)

i have a set of Disc Brakes Australia(DBA) replacement rotors for 02-04(maybe 05) wrx. they are used but not beaten. the fronts were used for 5000mi and the rears for a bit longer but on stock pads. they are in great shape. the fronts are vented, drilled and slotted and the rears are just slotted. they are direct replacement and will work with the stock calipers. looking to get 100$ for the set.

i have a perrin 4 pot front brake kit(in red) that i used on the front rotors for the 5000mi. it is nearly a copy of the 4 poiston willwood kit but it is made by perrin. comes with everything necessary for install including the moutning brakets, pads, and stainless lines. the kit will fit on the stock rotor and will fit under the stock 16" rim. it is an alright kit for the wrx, but would be good for older RS cars. looking to get 250$obo for it.

also still have my AVO BB turbo charger. i believe it is a Garrett GT28 turbo but AVO has put it on WRX flanges for direct replacement. it is oil and water cooled and made 240whp on my 04 wrx. it has about 15000 miles on it(or there about) and im looking to get 250$ for it.

also have a Turbo XS hyperflow TIMC for WRX/STI. it was used for about 10000miles and has some minor fin damage from the hood sitting on it but it is in perfect working order. dont know exact numbers but it is pretty massive compared to the stock TMIC on either car. looking for 200$.

lastly i have a Optima Red Top car battery. used for only about 6 months. it has 980 total amps and 800cca. take it home for 50$.

let me know...everything can be picked up or dropped of in the reno area and prices are negotiable to a point. thanks for the interest.
ryan
ryan4601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 11:44 AM   #2
A1337STI
EJ205

Car: Impreza and an Impreza
Class: AS / CRS PerfStock

"pedal on the right"

is that Optima red top car battery an improvemnt over the stock one in terms of cold cranking amps ? is it a stock 12V ? or a 14.4 ? does it weight the same ?
(my primary interest would be for less dimming of my head lights on bass hits, after i get my system installed)

A1337STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 11:47 AM   #3
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

I already have dibs on the battery, just waiting for Ryan to get back to pick it up
Old 2006-04-12, 12:20 PM   #4
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

I've got a "bad" redtop sitting in my garage. All you need to do is take it to Pep Boys and get it replaced under warranty. The battery was ruined during the 8 months my car sat around S-Squared w/ the parking lights on, or the trunk open. They constantly drained the battery then jumped it to move the car w/o recharging the battery.
Old 2006-04-12, 12:24 PM   #5
cody
Candy Mountain

Car: 03 Pussy Wagon, now with more pink!
Class: TESP

OMG Internet!

I think the best way to preven the dimming lights when the bass hits is to install a capacitor between your amp and battery.
cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 03:39 PM   #6
A1337STI
EJ205

"pedal on the right"

that's with a 1 faraday Capacitor i had my head lights dimming. (if i held the rpms up at like 4K it wouldn't really dim) (actually with a True rating its micro faraday but no car audio shop knows they, they just tell you they have 1 or 1/2 farday rated caps) i was thinking of adding a 2nd battery but i ended up tearing out that install to sell the car and get my STI

Old 2006-04-12, 03:59 PM   #7
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

I had a problem w/ my lights dimming when my factory stereo hit, due to the underdrive pulley on the motor. I solved my problem by turning off the stereo.
Old 2006-04-12, 04:02 PM   #8
MikeK
Captain Turbo

Car: 05 STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
I had a problem w/ my lights dimming when my factory stereo hit, due to the underdrive pulley on the motor. I solved my problem by turning off the stereo.
I solve most car problems by turning up the stereo. I guess an underdrive pulley is not for me.
MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 04:59 PM   #9
A1337STI
EJ205

"pedal on the right"

I don't think i could ever go with an underdrive pully. i should look into an over drive pully for my alternator. the TI600.2 hits up to 88.96 amps, and the TI500.4 hits 86.50 amps. the factory alternator is 90 amps... yah, my lights will dim maybe not if i use 2 batteries and a capictor. though maybe some sorta over drive pully would be best.

so is that red cap bettery better then the factory one? think i'll take you up on that offer to take it into pep boys for the warentee.

Old 2006-04-12, 05:14 PM   #10
khail19
EJ205

Car: 2016 VW GTI

Meets? We have meets?

Tons better, the factory battery is barely enough to start the car in semi-cold weather. Mine lasted about a year with a mild stereo.
khail19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 10:18 AM   #11
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1337STI
I don't think i could ever go with an underdrive pully. i should look into an over drive pully for my alternator. the TI600.2 hits up to 88.96 amps, and the TI500.4 hits 86.50 amps. the factory alternator is 90 amps... yah, my lights will dim maybe not if i use 2 batteries and a capictor. though maybe some sorta over drive pully would be best.

so is that red cap bettery better then the factory one? think i'll take you up on that offer to take it into pep boys for the warentee.
The red top is a pretty nice battery, I killed my factory battery in about 8 months beacuse I used to play the stereo while working on the car with the battery hooked to a trickle charger. The red top has just shrugged off the abuse. It wasn't until it sat around for 8 months at S-Squared that it finally stopped taking a charge.

My offer wasn't just to give the battery away... I was going to go get it replaced myself, then sell the brand new battery at a discount to recoup the cost of the battery I had to buy while I was in the Bay Area (long story). I figure I should be able to sell a brand new red top for about $100 since it'll have the 3 year factory warranty and save someone about $20 over the normal $120+ price.

However, I've got a deep-cycle recharger that might actually rejuevenate the battery that I haven't tried (though Gruppe-S might have tried that already, I'm not sure). I guess I can try it and sell the battery for like $50 if it works... but I'd rather get it replaced under warranty and have a brand new one to sell.

Let me know if you're still interested Alex.
Old 2006-04-14, 10:11 AM   #12
A1337STI
EJ205

"pedal on the right"

Quote:
I've got a "bad" redtop sitting in my garage. All you need to do is take it to Pep Boys and get it replaced under warranty.
ya no clue how i thought that was a Give Away ..... (guess i'm a retard )

I'll wait till i get my stereo installed and i see how bad the Light Dimming is. I probably will still be interested if you get it taken in under warentee.