Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Classifieds > Vendor Correspondence

Vendor Correspondence Press releases, announcements, sales and official correspondence from vendors in the local community.

Old 2011-05-11, 03:12 PM   #1
GrimmSpeed
EJ22

Default GrimmSpeed Crank Pulley - Product Release

http://www.grimmspeed.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=230

Fits all Imprezas 93-11, Legacy 1994-2009, Forester 1998-2009

Decreases rotational mass more than 3.5lbs over OEM (You will see much faster revs as a result)

Optimum weight to avoid misfire CELs or hesitation

Balanced CNC machined 6061 T6 anodized Aluminum

Includes OEM timing marks for timing verification

2008+ OEM Subaru Stretch Belt Install Kit Option (No other company offers this Optional Add-On)

The OEM Subaru crank pulley has been a cause for concern ever since its original design. It is extremely heavy, susceptible to catastrophic failure, and quite unsightly. Continuing to use this on our cars just wouldn't do. Eliminating rotational mass while maintaining a safe presence can increase reliability and bring faster Rev's! For our Lightweight Crank Pulley we pulled out all of the stops. CNC machined from 6061 T6 Aluminum our pulley makes no compromise. It weighs in at 3.5lbs lighter than OEM while at the same time increasing its durability. Marked with a timing mark and perfect cut keyway makes this install a breeze. We designed the pulley with the optimum weight for performance while avoiding misfire CEL's and engine hesitation.

Here at GrimmSpeed innovation is our standard with every product we release and our pulley is no exception. We have designed the only aftermarket pulley installation and removal tool that works with each style of OEM Subaru pulley as well as our aftermarket lightweight pulley. To take it one step further we have also designed the only compatible aftermarket stretch belt installation kit for all 2008+ Subaru Models.

GrimmSpeed Crank Pulley Removal/Installation Tool(works with both OEM Pulleys as well)
http://www.grimmspeed.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=231

http://www.grimmspeed.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=230

Justin Grimm

UPDATE 5/12/2011 - Just finished the Installation Video

Last edited by GrimmSpeed; 2011-05-12 at 09:31 AM.
GrimmSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 08:46 AM   #2
100_Percent_Juice
(40 percent vodka)

Car: 2004WRX
Class: Baby-Hauler/GroceryGetter

Everyone can hate all they want, but there is no denying that you guys make some of the cleanest Subaru parts on the market.
Old 2011-05-12, 08:49 AM   #3
GrimmSpeed
EJ22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100_Percent_Juice View Post
Everyone can hate all they want, but there is no denying that you guys make some of the cleanest Subaru parts on the market.

Thanks! We truly take pride in putting in the effort to create something new and exciting. Creating some ugly product that is the same as everything else isnt nearly as fun

Justin Grimm
Old 2011-05-12, 08:55 AM   #4
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

OK, what is the bracket for? 3 hex heads hold it on and it has what appears to be a 3/8" offset drive, but what the heck are the other 4+4 bolts & hexheads
Old 2011-05-12, 08:59 AM   #5
GrimmSpeed
EJ22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
OK, what is the bracket for? 3 hex heads hold it on and it has what appears to be a 3/8" offset drive, but what the heck are the other 4+4 bolts & hexheads

The yellow-zinc bracket you see in the pic is our optional Crank Pulley Removal/Install Tool. In an effort to design a complete package, we made our tool so it works with both the 93-07 OEM Pulleys and 08+ OEM Pulleys as a removal tool as well.

Justin Grimm
Old 2011-05-12, 09:25 AM   #6
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimmSpeed View Post
The yellow-zinc bracket you see in the pic is our optional Crank Pulley Removal/Install Tool. In an effort to design a complete package, we made our tool so it works with both the 93-07 OEM Pulleys and 08+ OEM Pulleys as a removal tool as well.

Justin Grimm
Ahhh, gotcha. Really more of a crank bolt removal/install tool? The pulley isn't a problem after the damn bolt is loose thus no center threaded bit to push on the crank. Is it a 3/8 or 1/2" square drive just out of curiosity?

Now if only there was something like that for the cam pulleys that wasn't an expensive piece of crap or required the use of an old timing belt and pairs of vice grips, but I digress.
Old 2011-05-12, 09:31 AM   #7
GrimmSpeed
EJ22

Just finished the Installation Video

Old 2011-05-14, 04:01 PM   #8
knucklesplitter
EJ205

Wish in one hand and sh*t in the other...

Cory/MPREZIV builds or rebuilds several Subaru engines per month. I'm curious why he has never needed a crank pulley installation tool.
knucklesplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 05:23 PM   #9
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklesplitter View Post
Cory/MPREZIV builds or rebuilds several Subaru engines per month. I'm curious why he has never needed a crank pulley installation tool.
He has a BMF impact gun!
Old 2011-05-14, 05:26 PM   #10
GrimmSpeed
EJ22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
Ahhh, gotcha. Really more of a crank bolt removal/install tool? The pulley isn't a problem after the damn bolt is loose thus no center threaded bit to push on the crank. Is it a 3/8 or 1/2" square drive just out of curiosity?

Now if only there was something like that for the cam pulleys that wasn't an expensive piece of crap or required the use of an old timing belt and pairs of vice grips, but I digress.
You got it. It is for a 1/2" socket wrench.