Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   moving to atlanta (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9693)

szucchet 2012-02-07 10:49 PM

moving to atlanta

hey guys, I know its been a little while since i been here. I was accepted into Porsche technical apprenticeship program in Atalanta Ga. I start my training on the march 12 and ill be there for at least 6 months. looks like im out for this years auto x. ill keep you guys posted and maybe next time you guys see my ill be in a 911 ;) . i will definitely miss the club and all the autox buddies in reno region

Dean 2012-02-07 11:04 PM

Best of luck Silvio!

When working on a Porsche, should probably not say... "Oh, this is just like a Subaru motor..." :)

MattR 2012-02-08 07:27 AM

So long Silvio, what a great opportunity, congrats...stay in touch...

Nick Koan 2012-02-08 08:07 AM

That sounds like an awesome opportunity. Good luck man.

MPREZIV 2012-02-08 08:13 AM

Everybody's leaving!!

Have fun out there man, and take care! We'll miss ya at the auto-x events for sure!

cody 2012-02-08 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattR (Post 160392)
So long Silvio, what a great opportunity, congrats...stay in touch...

This! Happy trails!

k-dogg39 2012-02-08 09:29 AM

Congrats! Best of luck in the dirty south!

sperry 2012-02-08 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by szucchet (Post 160387)
hey guys, I know its been a little while since i been here. I was accepted into Porsche technical apprenticeship program in Atalanta Ga. I start my training on the march 12 and ill be there for at least 6 months. looks like im out for this years auto x. ill keep you guys posted and maybe next time you guys see my ill be in a 911 ;) . i will definitely miss the club and all the autox buddies in reno region

That sounds like an awesome move. Atlanta is supposed to be a pretty neat city, at least as far as cities in the South go. :P

Didn't JC live there for a while? He might have the scoop on living in Atlanta.

Good luck with the move and the new job/training! Once your training is done, do you know where you'll be?

A1337STI 2012-02-08 03:23 PM

awesome, You'll be a porsche expert in no time :)

van 2012-02-08 06:24 PM

Congrats Silvio!

szucchet 2012-02-08 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperry (Post 160399)
That sounds like an awesome move. Atlanta is supposed to be a pretty neat city, at least as far as cities in the South go. :P

Good luck with the move and the new job/training! Once your training is done, do you know where you'll be?

once I'm almost done with the program they'll give some options towards where I want to go. I'll pretty much be happy anywhere near a race track

JC 2012-02-13 04:51 PM

Good luck in the dirty south!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperry (Post 160399)

I did indeed. I was there for about 2 years and loved it. Definitely my favorite city I've lived in. It's got a lot of young people and events going on but it's still affordable. Plus the southern women with their accents, oh my! haha

szucchet 2012-07-03 05:18 PM

hey everybody, just wanting to say hi.

the south is def treating me well been here for almost 6 month. I blew my car up at road Atlanta about 3 months ago, it spun a rod bearing. Im finally finishing up the rebuild got all new internals including forged pistons :). I just landed a job at Beverly hills Porsche and will be moving there in august, im very happy about it. I hope all is going well with everybody over there.

silvio

Nick Koan 2012-07-05 09:58 AM

Congrats on the new job man!

Beverly Hills Porsche sounds like that will be an interesting job :lol:

cody 2012-07-05 12:57 PM

I wonder if you'll ever work on a total douche nozzle's car?

Congrats and good luck, Silvio.

:liljon: