Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   NIN news (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1194)

sperry 2005-04-28 03:35 PM

The myspace link is pretty much unplayable now. I get about 3 seconds of music, then 8 seconds of "buffering"... :roll:

Kevin M 2005-04-28 03:35 PM

It's still working great for me.

Kevin M 2005-04-28 03:36 PM

...and of course, the instant I post that, mine starts the same shit. :rolleyes:

AtomicLabMonkey 2005-04-28 03:42 PM

Mine has cut out a couple times, but still pretty much good.

The last song is pretty haunting.

sperry 2005-04-28 03:49 PM

I've got a song by song review brewing, but I need to hear the 1st part of the album again to finish, which I can't do w/ the now 15 seconds of buffering for every 3 seconds of music. :mad:

Something tells me I'm gonna be stealing this off the 'net once I get home tonight to listen to till I can grab the actual album May 3rd. I fucking *hate* having to d/l shit off the internet... it's a goddamn hassle, and I can only imagine what the quality is gonna be like from someone that's ripped a stream off myspace into mp3s. :roll:

Kevin M 2005-04-29 03:42 PM

The feed seems to be working again.

STIwish 2005-05-01 07:45 PM

Album is pretty decent, altho it seems..... softer than the majority of their older stuff. I wouldn't put money down for it tho, but thats just me.

Nick Koan 2005-05-03 09:43 PM

Okay, usually I don't find this kind of stuff funny, but this one surely made me chuckle.

Hand That feeds + Ghostbusters Theme
http://www.gameamp.com/thingsthatroc..._feeds-256.mp3

sperry 2005-05-03 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nKoan
Okay, usually I don't find this kind of stuff funny, but this one surely made me chuckle.

Hand That feeds + Ghostbusters Theme
http://www.gameamp.com/thingsthatroc..._feeds-256.mp3

That's awesome! :lol:

However, I think all it shows is why The Hand That Feeds is the single for the album... it follows a pretty standard progression that's used in a lot of "poppy" songs. It makes THTF more radio friendly, and is likely intentional on Trent's part (?)... a successful album in this day and age needs a hit right out of the box that can work on MTV. Perhaps a bit sad but true. Either way, I reallly like that song. but I'm sure it'll be the 1st one that I get tired of hearing since it's so predictable, and there doesn't seem to be too much new to hear in repeat listenings.

I would bet there are hundreds, if not thousands, of songs out there that can be matched up like that. In fact I remember hear some crappy nu-rock band mp3 that had their current hit on the left track, and their previous hit on the right track, and you could barely tell them apart... of course I can't remember who that was... that's how memorable their songs were.

tysonK 2005-05-03 11:17 PM

My bro said there was many crazy a NIN fan at coachella.

They mostly came out after the sun set, seriously.

Nick Koan 2005-05-04 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperry
That's awesome! :lol:

I would bet there are hundreds, if not thousands, of songs out there that can be matched up like that. In fact I remember hear some crappy nu-rock band mp3 that had their current hit on the left track, and their previous hit on the right track, and you could barely tell them apart... of course I can't remember who that was... that's how memorable their songs were.

That'd be Linkin Park. Who, I must admit, I like in theory but not in practice.

MattR 2005-05-04 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nKoan
That'd be Linkin Park. Who, I must admit, I like in theory but not in practice.

The band Scott is refering to is Nickleback, who fucking sucks really bad...

Nick Koan 2005-05-04 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattR
The band Scott is refering to is Nickleback, who fucking sucks really bad...

Really? Cause it was done with Linkin Park too.

sperry 2005-05-04 08:46 AM

Nickleback is who I was thinking of. Although LP's 2nd album was basically a 35 minute long remix of their 1st.... and it only took them what, 3 years to record? :lol:

AtomicLabMonkey 2005-06-06 03:22 PM

http://www.nin.com/current/index.html

Quote:

Nine Inch Nails will not be performing at the MTV movie awards as previously announced. We were set to perform "The Hand That Feeds" with an unmolested straightforward image of George W. Bush as the backdrop. Apparently the image of our president is as offensive to MTV as it is to me.
:lol:

Kevin M 2005-06-06 03:41 PM

MTv knows that 99% of their audience didn't realize that's what the song was about before hand, and they don't want to get in trouble for inciting a riot when they figure it out. :p

sperry 2005-06-06 03:42 PM

I saw that on Yahoo! a few days ago. :lol: Talk about irony... and not just w/ the GWB thing. MTV is basically biting NIN, who doesn't really need MTV at this stage.

AtomicLabMonkey 2005-06-06 04:04 PM

Bunch of tards, their own policies contradict themselves. They'll run the video for "American Idiot" 100 times a day, with much more explicit lyrics & showing the american flag dissolving & running down onto the floor, but won't let NIN put up a simple picture of the president.

sperry 2005-06-06 06:09 PM

Well, it's not just the picture of the president... it's that plus the lyrics:

What if this whole crusade's a charade
And behind it all there's a price to be paid
For the blood on which we dine
Justified in the name of the holy and the divine.

Of course MTV wants to avoid the controversy that would cause... they need to keep flying under the gov't radar to preserve their ability to show half-naked 14 yr old "pop star" girls on TV talking about, and just about demonstrating, sex. :roll:

I just find it ironic that MTV used to be all about "sticking it to the man" and now they're forced to play the same BS game that all big corperations play.

The MTV sperry remembers would have *asked* NIN to put up the picture.

AtomicLabMonkey 2005-06-07 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Day
Don't wanna be an American idiot.
Don't want a nation under the new media.
And can you hear the sound of hysteria?
The subliminal mindfuck America.

Welcome to a new kind of tension.
All across the alien nation.
Everything isn't meant to be okay.
Television dreams of tomorrow.
We're not the ones who're meant to follow.
Well that's enough to argue.

Well maybe I'm the faggot America.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
Now everybody do the propaganda.
And sing along in the age of paranoia.

This is accepted, and Trent's lyrics are not? Seems odd to me...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sperry
I just find it ironic that MTV used to be all about "sticking it to the man" and now they're forced to play the same BS game that all big corperations play.

Tell me about it... same "avoid controversy at all costs" bullshit.

AtomicLabMonkey 2005-08-08 03:11 PM

There's a video out now for "Only", directed by David Fincher. I think it's pretty cool.

http://www.nin.com/visuals/index.html

sperry 2005-08-08 04:15 PM

Hey, who wants to see NIN at Arco on Wed, Sept 28th? Floor tix are already sold out :( but TicketMaster still has lower level reserved seats available... they're like $50 each though.

sybir 2005-08-08 05:42 PM

I think you *might* be able to crash at our place too, given that it's a whopping 30 seconds from Arco :D

AtomicLabMonkey 2005-11-14 08:32 AM

Yes!! NIN playing Cal Poly's rec center on Dec. 7th... tickets go on sale at 10am today. I'm so there...

sperry 2005-11-14 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtomicLabMonkey
Yes!! NIN playing Cal Poly's rec center on Dec. 7th... tickets go on sale at 10am today. I'm so there...

Road trip!

...wait, I'm way too old to go to a concert at Poly... I think I'd feel way out of place.