Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Current Meet Location - Tamarack Junction - 6pm - 1st Thurs of each month (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1418)

sperry 2011-09-01 10:34 AM

I'm going to try to come out in the wagon.

MikeK 2011-09-01 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattR (Post 158114)
I won't be there at the meet, as I am an asshat.

That is a legitimate reason.

Dean 2011-09-01 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean (Post 158108)
I'll be there tonight and will have Matt's Aces B1G1half off entree coupons.

I lied. I won't be there. Forgot about a previous engagement on the other end of town at 7:30. if anybody wants the coupons, they can come grab them at my place before the meet.

silversuby 2011-09-01 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel5on (Post 158111)
Well what about a quick meet up later on over the weekend unless all over you guys are going out of town. I just really would like to meet some other Subaru owners that aren't 18 years old and actually know why they're talking about haha

I might be offended if I knew more about what I was talking about most of the time...

sperry 2011-09-01 05:03 PM

So, just me and Charlie, or did anyone else show up and leave before we got here?

daniel5on 2011-09-03 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silversuby (Post 158120)
I might be offended if I knew more about what I was talking about most of the time...

Sorry , realized that's kind an asshole-ish thing for me to say. Just the town where I come from people are driving subarus and evos because they think they're cool , but don't know much about them... Sorry if I offended anyone!

silversuby 2011-09-04 09:57 PM

Haha. No offense taken from me at all. I know exactly what you're talking about. If you read any of my posts you'll probably see all the silly questions I ask that everyone already knows the answer to.

sperry 2011-10-03 01:21 PM

Bump!

Meet this Thursday. Anyone interested? Plenty to BS about with the final AutoX last weekend and the final PDX this weekend!

Dean 2011-10-04 11:03 AM

I and my STI :banana: will be there! 600 miles and counting...

Anybody want to help me bleed brakes?

sperry 2011-10-04 11:21 AM

Dean after what, 15 years and counting, of asking people to help you bleed brakes... it's time:

http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/pub...VZa68aOBredapA

:P

100_Percent_Juice 2011-10-04 12:14 PM

^Dean, find a price on that and I can probably find a few friends including myself to go in on it.

Nick Koan 2011-10-04 12:16 PM

Speaking of meets, I might try to make it this week.

sperry 2011-10-04 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100_Percent_Juice (Post 158459)
^Dean, find a price on that and I can probably find a few friends including myself to go in on it.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/B...-Bleeder-Kits/

They're about $80, give or take depending on the cap adapter(s) they come with. Don't bother with the universal caps, since they apparently don't make a great seal.

I don't remember which one I've got, but it's specific to the master cylinder cap on my WRX. Probably the #109 model with the 45mm threaded adapter, since that's the only metric one listed, but you'd have to search NASIOC to get the specific model number.

Either way, it works great. I can't use it on my SVX since the SVX has an older master cylinder reservoir design... so after bleeding those brakes a bunch recently the old fashioned way, doing the WRX or Legacy is a dream with the power bleeder. Takes like 3 times longer to put the car in the air and take the wheels off than the actual bleeding takes.

Dean 2011-10-04 12:50 PM

I don't want a power bleeder. I prefer to scream overtly sexual words at someone in the driver's seat for the whole neighborhood to hear and drink milkshakes. :P

A1337STI 2011-10-04 01:15 PM

Ansel had a vacuum one that worked awesome , it hooked to the bleeder on the caliper , a 'one size fits all' type model, well you had to put on different bits of tube to make it fit your application, but it worked amazingly well. :)

i keep saying I'll make a meet, but i think i will this time... i think... just have to convince the GF , or not car pool that day. :) I should take Betsy as its seemingly in 'ok' shape after this last rally.

sperry 2011-10-04 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean (Post 158462)
I don't want a power bleeder. I prefer to scream overtly sexual words at someone in the driver's seat for the whole neighborhood to hear and drink milkshakes. :P

I don't know that "down ... up" is "overtly sexual". Unless that's what you yell out during sex... which is now a horrifying image indelibly marked upon my brain. :unamused:

MattR 2011-10-04 01:25 PM

I'll sell my Motive power bleeder if anyone is interested. It doesn't fit the MINI. Fits STI, WRX, etc... $50 PM me.

Oh, and I can't make the meet this week. Bummer.

sperry 2011-10-04 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A1337STI (Post 158465)
Ansel had a vacuum one that worked awesome , it hooked to the bleeder on the caliper , a 'one size fits all' type model, well you had to put on different bits of tube to make it fit your application, but it worked amazingly well. :)

i keep saying I'll make a meet, but i think i will this time... i think... just have to convince the GF , or not car pool that day. :) I should take Betsy as its seemingly in 'ok' shape after this last rally.

Vacuum bleeders are pretty nice too, and they don't require a special air-tight cap for the master cylinder reservoir. But you have to take out the bleeder valve and teflon tape it, or you risk sucking a little bubble of air past the threads into the top of the caliper that can make the pedal a tiny bit squishy.

Power bleeders have the same problem with the threads, but the difference is that instead of sucking in air, you just make a mess as fluid leaks past the threads and all over the caliper.

sperry 2011-10-04 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattR (Post 158467)
I'll sell my Motive power bleeder if anyone is interested. It doesn't fit the MINI. Fits STI, WRX, etc... $50 PM me.

Oh, and I can't make the meet this week. Bummer.

I bet you can get a cap that works for the Mini for a few bucks... I just wouldn't know where to get it from.

MattR 2011-10-04 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperry (Post 158469)
I bet you can get a cap that works for the Mini for a few bucks... I just wouldn't know where to get it from.

That's a good point,maybe I'll look into that first.

ScottyS 2011-10-06 10:47 AM

I have this little $5 valve that I've been using for years. Just did full brakes/rotors on one of the cars last week by myself, went pretty fast.

And yes, I can be there this week. Who's going?

sperry 2011-10-06 11:45 AM

I'm in... if only to find out if winter has officially started based on Scotty's choice of pants.

Nick Koan 2011-10-06 11:46 AM

I'll be there.

A1337STI 2011-10-06 12:06 PM

I'm still finishing up a move from Jeana's old condo to our new rental house... and i need to pick up my STI in spanish springs (was left there when i picked up my rally car, nothing wrong with it) hehehe

so think i'm out. :( boo

cody 2011-10-06 04:20 PM

I'll be there.