Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Current Meet Location - Tamarack Junction - 6pm - 1st Thurs of each month (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1418)

Nick Koan 2006-09-29 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cody
Sushi Club is cheap and has good parking, but I'm sure it would suck to be part of a big party there. Regardless, I called and the guy who answered (Probably Bobby, the owner's son) sounded enthusiastic about the prospect of 20-25 guys (I exagerated). he said they'd push a bunch of tables together (they have the high tables with bar stools if you've never been there) and it would be no problem...

Sushi club is cheaper than other resturants, but not cheaper than Bully's. And the parking kinda sucks unless you park way on the other end of the shoping center.

Plus, I already eat sushi multiple times a week, I don't want the meets to be sushi only.

sperry 2006-09-29 09:14 AM

Quote:

Sushi Club is cheap and has good parking, but I'm sure it would suck to be part of a big party there. Regardless, I called and the guy who answered (Probably Bobby, the owner's son) sounded enthusiastic about the prospect of 20-25 guys (I exagerated). he said they'd push a bunch of tables together (they have the high tables with bar stools if you've never been there) and it would be no problem...

Sushi club would *not* work. Not even close. Have you ever sat at a table? With 4 people it takes about 60-90 minutes to get your order. With 20, it would probably take closer to 2-3 hours.

Plus, it's *not* cheap. You can't get outta there for under $20. At Bully's if you really want to, you can eat for $10.

There isn't enough parking there. That lot isn't all that "full", but you'll never find a block of 10-15 spots open.

And finally, sushi is a *terrible* idea for a meet spot because not everyone likes sushi. It's not like you can get a burger, or pasta, or something non-sushi there. It's sushi, tempura, or starve. Hell, some people can't even eat non-sushi when they're around people eating raw fish (my GF for example has a hard time w/ it).

Now, I'm a sushi fanatic... but I can still recognize that moving the meets to a sushi place it an awful idea.

cody 2006-09-29 09:16 AM

OH no! parking on the other end of a small parking lot! :P And here's a crazy idea, just don't eat sushi multiple times the week that the meet is at a sushi place. :P

cody 2006-09-29 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperry
Sushi club would *not* work. Not even close. Have you ever sat at a table? With 4 people it takes about 60-90 minutes to get your order. With 20, it would probably take closer to 2-3 hours.

Plus, it's *not* cheap. You can't get outta there for under $20. At Bully's if you really want to, you can eat for $10.

There isn't enough parking there. That lot isn't all that "full", but you'll never find a block of 10-15 spots open.

And finally, sushi is a *terrible* idea for a meet spot because not everyone likes sushi. It's not like you can get a burger, or pasta, or something non-sushi there. It's sushi, tempura, or starve. Hell, some people can't even eat non-sushi when they're around people eating raw fish (my GF for example has a hard time w/ it).

Now, I'm a sushi fanatic... but I can still recognize that moving the meets to a sushi place it an awful idea.

It's cheap for a Sushi place Silly Head.

No, I've never sat at a table, but I'm sure it would take longer.

I can see your point if people don't like sushi...

JonnydaJibba 2006-09-29 09:23 AM

Cody. You lose.

cody 2006-09-29 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnydaJibba
Cody. You lose.

Laff. Well at least I only lose at a debate over somthing I couldn't care less about. You, my friend, lose at life. ;)

:fail:

Nick Koan 2006-09-29 09:30 AM

Quote:

OH no! parking on the other end of a small parking lot! :P And here's a crazy idea, just don't eat sushi multiple times the week that the meet is at a sushi place. :P

If you want to grab sushi, we can make other one time meets. Its easier then moving the weekly one.

Like lets say some tuesday you are really craving raw fish, make a post, some people will show up. We eat, rejoice and be merry.

I agree Bully's food is growing thin, but there really isn't a better place. Just a different place with more comprimises.

Kevin M 2006-09-29 09:31 AM

Bitter much?

Kevin M 2006-09-29 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nKoan
If you want to grab sushi, we can make other one time meets. Its easier then moving the weekly one.

Like lets say some tuesday you are really craving raw fish, make a post, some people will show up. We eat, rejoice and be merry.

I agree Bully's food is growing thin, but there really isn't a better place. Just a different place with more comprimises.

Werd. It's too bad that bully's is such a perfect meet spot. If it sucked more we could have moved by now. :lol:

cody 2006-09-29 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
Bitter much?

Sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities Kev. :P

Jonny know's I'm only foolin.

Kevin M 2006-09-29 09:44 AM

fuck you asshole.

just kidding. ;)

MPREZIV 2006-09-29 09:48 AM

I say Joe Bob's Chicken Palace... I, ethnically, am predispositioned to LOVE chicken tho...

Anyone who doesn't love chicken, fuck you.

cody 2006-09-29 09:50 AM

Laff at both of you. :lol:

Kevin M 2006-09-29 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPREZIV
I say Joe Bob's Chicken Palace... I, ethnically, am predispositioned to LOVE chicken tho...

How's the parking and seating at 7 on thursdays?

Kevin M 2006-09-29 09:52 AM

For serious.

MikeK 2006-09-29 10:10 AM

Quote:

Sushi club is cheaper than other resturants, but not cheaper than Bully's.

Twice in one sentence is a +5 level of difficulty modifier

Nick Koan 2006-09-29 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeK

I've been practicing.

MikeK 2006-09-29 10:13 AM

Nice edit! :)

Kevin M 2006-09-29 10:19 AM

Quote:

You missed a spot.

Dean 2006-09-29 10:27 AM

Quote:

What, are you the French judge? Just giving away multipliers? It is only +2.5 because the context is the same for both instances. It would be +5 if it were "If Sushi Club is cheaper than other resturants, then we should go there" :lol:

sperry 2006-09-29 10:32 AM

I swear, every thread on this board ends up with people putting their $0.02 in... yet somehow we end up with only $0.29 after 400+ posts.

Kevin M 2006-09-29 10:43 AM

http://www.xenafan.com/movies/bod/images/johnny05.jpg

I WANT MY 2 CENTS!!!

Nick Koan 2006-09-29 10:44 AM

Quote:

Nice edit! :)

I don't know what you are talking about.

MattR 2006-09-29 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPREZIV

Joe bob's is okay, and that lot is empty most nights, it could work, but someone would need to go check it out and talk to a manager about the big group. I nominate myself and Scott NOT to do the exploring, as we've picked the meet spots for the last 4 years :D

MPREZIV 2006-09-29 11:01 AM

Dude, I go to Joe Bob's like 3 times a week, easily. (honest) The parking is good, the service is good, and there's a *decent* room inside. It's usually not crowded, even on a weekend! Next time I go there, prob. this weekend, I'll be sure to ask them about accomodations for a group on Thursday night!

They know my face in there, so I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem! (it's kinda sad really, how often I eat there.... )