Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Current Meet Location - Tamarack Junction - 6pm - 1st Thurs of each month (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1418)

100_Percent_Juice 2007-01-06 02:49 PM

f-that!

sperry 2007-01-06 06:16 PM

So... back on topic...

I'm thinking it's time to think about moving the meet. I was thinking the Sparky's on Wedge. We had a meet there years ago, but it was kind of a mess (some of you might remember the leaky roof :lol: ). But a year or so ago, the place was totally remodeled, and it's pretty nice now w/ pool tables, etc. I don't remember if they've got a back room we might be able to get, but I'm thinking we should at least check it out.

Granted, Sparky's food is pretty much the same as Bully's, but it's at least a little bit different. Plus, there should be plenty of parking, and it's a lot closer for the Carson folks to get to (not to mention it's like half a mile from my house :P)

Thoughts?

Kevin M 2007-01-06 06:43 PM

As long as they're willing to ensure seating for ~25 of us or more in the summer, I think it's a good idea.

sperry 2007-01-06 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
As long as they're willing to ensure seating for ~25 of us or more in the summer, I think it's a good idea.

Since when has Bully's been willing to ensure seating for 25? They're usually willing to ensure use like two small tables if it's busy.

M3n2c3 2007-01-06 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperry
I'm thinking it's time to think about moving the meet. I was thinking the Sparky's on Wedge.

. . .and it's a lot closer for the Carson folks to get to. . .

Thoughts?

it's got my vote :D

100_Percent_Juice 2007-01-07 12:19 AM

I say you change it to BJ's and everyone can load up on those damn delicious deep dish pizzas! Say that five times fast.

knucklesplitter 2007-01-07 09:01 PM

Bully's is super convenient for me, but even so I am am ready for someplace new. I say give Sparky's (or someplace) a try. I know I'm a minority having and bringing kids, but some foosball tables, dart boards, and/or video games would be nice. Actually pool tables could be kinda cool for the adults too maybe.

Also Bully's hassling the under-21 members is a little annoying, although that seems to be fixed by me playing "Dad". :huh:

Bob Danger 2007-01-07 10:11 PM

I say we give it a shot.

WRX06TR 2007-01-07 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knucklesplitter
Bully's is super convenient for me, but even so I am am ready for someplace new. I say give Sparky's (or someplace) a try. I know I'm a minority having and bringing kids, but some foosball tables, dart boards, and/or video games would be nice. Actually pool tables could be kinda cool for the adults too maybe.

Also Bully's hassling the under-21 members is a little annoying, although that seems to be fixed by me playing "Dad". :huh:

Yea sorry about that. I didn't mean to cause any problems. I kind of thought that showing up every week may be a hinderance for you guys, but that door guy at Bully's is a douche. Anyways thanks Dad!!! lol...

JonnydaJibba 2007-01-08 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WRX06TR
Yea sorry about that. I didn't mean to cause any problems. I kind of thought that showing up every week may be a hinderance for you guys, but that door guy at Bully's is a douche. Anyways thanks Dad!!! lol...

Hey you aren't the only "son" around here. Luckily I don't have to do it, but it is a bunk policy either way.

100_Percent_Juice 2007-01-08 08:50 AM

Speaking of pool tables, Has anyone been to cue and Cushion on keystone. The food is pretty good and they have games for the kiddies and adults.

sperry 2007-01-08 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100_Percent_Juice
Speaking of pool tables, Has anyone been to cue and Cushion on keystone. The food is pretty good and they have games for the kiddies and adults.

Some of the guys used to meet over there after the regular meet at Bully's. IIRC, the place is just too small for us to use it as a regular meet location.

Nick Koan 2007-01-08 09:42 AM

I think change of venue is good. I've been sick of Bully's food for like a year now, but they've always seemed so accommodating it hasn't seemed worth it to leave.

But, if we want to try out that Sparky's, I'd be down.

sperry 2007-01-08 09:44 AM

I think a few of us should probably try to pre-meet tonight or tomorrow night over there to check it out and ask their manager if they'd be willing to reserve us some space every Thursday.

Who's in, and tonight or tomorrow?

JonnydaJibba 2007-01-08 10:11 AM

I'm down. It may not be in your guys' required criteria for a meet place, but I like hot waitresseses.

I wish Hooters never went away =(

knucklesplitter 2007-01-08 10:13 AM

I'd prolly be able to make the pre-meet either day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WRX06TR

Please... no worries! It's just a stupid policy, but I bet there's a back-story behind it. I don't fault the doorman - he's just doing what he's told. When I was 16 I was the "doorman" at one of the early Chuck E. Cheeses. One of my duties was to keep out underage (<18 back then) kids who were not with their parents - a real popular job. One of my other duties was to dress up and be The Rat for birthday parties. :oops:

Nick Koan 2007-01-08 10:14 AM

Tomorrow would be better than tonight for me. If we do the pre-meet meet tomorrow night, I'll go.

knucklesplitter 2007-01-08 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnydaJibba
... but I like hot waitresseses.

I wish Hooters never went away =(

Hot waitresseses are double-plus good!

And yeah, what happened to Hooters? I would think a Hooters would do great in Reno.

JonnydaJibba 2007-01-08 10:19 AM

I used to love going to Chuck E Cheeses when I was younger. They had a huge 2 story one in San Jose... ah the good ol days.

100_Percent_Juice 2007-01-08 12:10 PM

I would be able to make it tonight and so would my friend with his blue bugeye. 7pm? and its the sparkys by ghs right?

WRX06TR 2007-01-08 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knucklesplitter
I'd prolly be able to make the pre-meet either day.

Please... no worries! It's just a stupid policy, but I bet there's a back-story behind it. I don't fault the doorman - he's just doing what he's told. When I was 16 I was the "doorman" at one of the early Chuck E. Cheeses. One of my duties was to keep out underage (<18 back then) kids who were not with their parents - a real popular job. One of my other duties was to dress up and be The Rat for birthday parties. :oops:

I know he is just doing his job, but he was just rude everytime i walked in. Anyway thanks, damn i cant wait to hit 21...
Are you guys talking about the Sparky's on McCaren?

tysonK 2007-01-08 12:53 PM

I think they are talking about the one on 431.

Nick Koan 2007-01-08 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tysonK
I think they are talking about the one on 431.

Yup. Wedge Parkway and Mt. Rose Highway. I think that's near Galena High School, but I don't know since I've never actually been to Galena High School.

sperry 2007-01-08 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nKoan
Yup. Wedge Parkway and Mt. Rose Highway. I think that's near Galena High School, but I don't know since I've never actually been to Galena High School.

That's the place, I'm thinking tomorrow at 7pm.

Bob Danger 2007-01-08 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperry
That's the place, I'm thinking tomorrow at 7pm.

Wait you want to have a tuesday meet?

Then a thursday meet?