Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Current Meet Location - Tamarack Junction - 6pm - 1st Thurs of each month (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1418)

tysonK 2008-03-27 04:24 PM

WARNING

College Basketball will make meet location busy.

just so you know.

JonnydaJibba 2008-03-31 07:33 AM

Well how was it?

Kevin M 2008-03-31 08:40 AM

Not that bad actually. Busy sorta, but we had no issues with service or getting a table.

Kavid 2008-04-03 05:30 PM

I'm going to apologize in advance for not making it, had a really bad day when I got home, fighting with girlfriend, drank too much to drive now, blah blah. The vibe around here is like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we are still trying to eat so to speak. I do want to say thank you Cory for doing the tires for me today, and If I don't make it out to Stead this Saturday, I will see you next Thursday.

Highdesertsuby 2008-04-03 07:45 PM

Hey guys, I finally made it out to a thursday meet...and something kinda weird happened. I know I'm a new guy to the group, and I know you all saw me drive up, and I also realize that you were getting ready to head in to eat...but why is it that the only people who bothered to say Hi to me was Cory (who I already know) and another guy who's name I don't know? First impressions count, and I feel like my wife and I pretty much got ignored. Now I'm hoping this was just an oversight because I know Subaru people are pretty friendly, but come on...it would have been nice to have a couple of people say something like "Hey, how are you? My name is...Welcome to the Subaru fan club." or something like that. Anyway, I guess I just expected a bit more of a welcome than what I actually got.
So I guess we can try this again...I might come out to the autoX this weekend to watch my favorate cars go fast.

wrxkidid 2008-04-03 07:55 PM

How was it.

Had a baseball game today.

Romped on the other team 25-0 I had a single, hit by pitch and double with 2 RBIs I was pretty stoked.

Nick Koan 2008-04-03 08:01 PM

Hey man, sorry you felt the cold shoulder. I was the other guy that said hi.

The way these things go is that everyone usually hangs out for a bit and then goes in to eat. It's just the normal flow. I'm guessing most of the people just might have expected you and your wife to come on in, hang out and maybe grab dinner with us. Either way, I'd like to apologize for the group.

Highdesertsuby 2008-04-03 08:02 PM

I don't honestly know...a minute or two after we got there (also after the silent treatment part) everyone went inside to eat and left my wife and I standing in the parking lot. I didn't really feel like going in and socializing after that, so we left. Good job on the ball game, by the way. That's a better score than any team I ever played on...

sperry 2008-04-03 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highdesertsuby (Post 116612)
Hey guys, I finally made it out to a thursday meet...and something kinda weird happened. I know I'm a new guy to the group, and I know you all saw me drive up, and I also realize that you were getting ready to head in to eat...but why is it that the only people who bothered to say Hi to me was Cory (who I already know) and another guy who's name I don't know? First impressions count, and I feel like my wife and I pretty much got ignored. Now I'm hoping this was just an oversight because I know Subaru people are pretty friendly, but come on...it would have been nice to have a couple of people say something like "Hey, how are you? My name is...Welcome to the Subaru fan club." or something like that. Anyway, I guess I just expected a bit more of a welcome than what I actually got.
So I guess we can try this again...I might come out to the autoX this weekend to watch my favorate cars go fast.

Yeah, we all got inside and were wondering where you were so we could meet you.

Remember, we meet like 40 or 50 new people every year. Many of them are intimidated by a bunch of new people, or are just there to check the club out and aren't interested in meeting a ton of new people all at once. In general we don't swarm new people, usually one or two people say hi and introduce the new person to everyone else based on their reaction.

This of it this way: Cory was your interview and gave you a job offer, and you went home instead of showing up to work. Inside we were asking Cory if you were coming in, and he said you told him you were, and we were all confused as to what went down.

Highdesertsuby 2008-04-03 08:07 PM

Thanks, Nick. I appreciate it. I'm glad that I have one more face to attach a name to in the group. Also just to let you know, I'm not usually very touchy about stuff like this, but I guess this was a special case.

Bob Danger 2008-04-03 08:12 PM

On the other hand you did show up kind of late, and we where already on our way inside.

sperry 2008-04-03 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Danger (Post 116618)
On the other hand you did show up kind of late, and we where already on our way inside.

Not much is going to stop a crowd of cold and hungry people from going inside once the migration has started.

Highdesertsuby 2008-04-03 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperry (Post 116616)
Yeah, we all got inside and were wondering where you were so we could meet you.

Remember, we meet like 40 or 50 new people every year. Many of them are intimidated by a bunch of new people, or are just there to check the club out and aren't interested in meeting a ton of new people all at once. In general we don't swarm new people, usually one or two people say hi and introduce the new person to everyone else based on their reaction.

This of it this way: Cory was your interview and gave you a job offer, and you went home instead of showing up to work. Inside we were asking Cory if you were coming in, and he said you told him you were, and we were all confused as to what went down.

Thats understandable, I was a bit confused as well, but I guess that happens sometimes. Just my ignorance of how you guys do things. Just felt a little weird going in and having dinner with a bunch of people that I don't know, or at least hadn't been introduced to yet...

wrxkidid 2008-04-03 08:21 PM

You have my permission to hit Scott next time you come to a meet.

Don't worry about him hitting back, just tell him Robby said it was ok.

You can also hit Dean just because he is old.

WRX06TR 2008-04-03 08:23 PM

Sorry to cause that kind of first impression but I was suspecting you guys to follow all of us inside to chat. Everybody is pretty easy going so don't feel shut out or ignored. Like Scott said, new members usually have to make their own introduction into the group, so if you show up when we are all still outside talking and introduce yourself you won't be ignored.

Highdesertsuby 2008-04-03 08:25 PM

Ha! That's ok, I don't think things need to be that extreme...besides, hitting the boss just isn't a very good idea and I don't know him very well yet...might mess up my next job interview.

wrxkidid 2008-04-03 08:27 PM

Nah he is an understanding type of guy.

sperry 2008-04-03 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrxkidid (Post 116625)
Nah he is an understanding type of guy.

:frownsquad:

Highdesertsuby 2008-04-03 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WRX06TR (Post 116623)
Sorry to cause that kind of first impression but I was suspecting you guys to follow all of us inside to chat. Everybody is pretty easy going so don't feel shut out or ignored. Like Scott said, new members usually have to make their own introduction into the group, so if you show up when we are all still outside talking and introduce yourself you won't be ignored.

well that's not exactly how I am used to doing things with new groups, but i can understand your point...I'll just adapt next time.

wrxkidid 2008-04-03 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperry (Post 116627)
:frownsquad:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62..._0165Small.jpg

like this?

sperry 2008-04-03 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrxkidid (Post 116630)
like this?

Naw, these guys:

:unamused::unamused::unamused::unamused::unamused:

wrxkidid 2008-04-03 08:36 PM

Gotcha.

100_Percent_Juice 2008-04-03 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrxkidid (Post 116630)
like this?

haha!
Scott you rue the day you ever posted that picture.

Highdesertsuby 2008-04-03 08:58 PM

Remind me to never post a pic of myself in the forums...

wrxkidid 2008-04-03 09:03 PM

No, pictures are fine, just not ones like that. :lol: