Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Snow (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1146)

BADBORA 2004-03-01 08:26 PM

The Snow

I just wanted to say that the snow tonight is freaken awesome, my buddy Jason and I were out not too long ago and since Jason drives an A4 Audi quattro we were just out doing donuts. It sucks that I have a front wheel drive car, but I could still do donuts...... in reverse. :P

MattR 2004-03-01 08:28 PM

I was considering going to the ultimate donut lot by Scott's house, but I'm afeared of crashing again :lol: Maybe next time.

Kevin M 2004-03-01 08:30 PM

Maybe you can call an AWD flatbed tow truck next time to take you there. :P I wish I lived in a place to do that. Especially once I get the DCCD and suretrac front in my RS. yummy...

BADBORA 2004-03-01 08:31 PM

It probably is a good idea to stay home. I have no traction whatsoever in my car. I'm running some dry weather tires in my car and it was hell getting to the parking lot and back. I did have a few close calls with some SUV's

zrallyman 2004-03-04 01:52 PM

after we left that parking lot every suv that got behind me was riding my ars. I would then slow down to a crawl to really piss them off.

BADBORA 2004-03-04 01:54 PM

Nice :twisted:

ArthurS 2004-03-04 02:05 PM

I kinda want to try and do that trail that we all day way back when, the truck almost crushed Matt. That looked fun, although we had to cut it short since Scotts car has no traction in snow :P

BADBORA 2004-03-04 02:08 PM

What trail are you talking about?

ArthurS 2004-03-04 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADBORA
What trail are you talking about?

Matt knows. Its up Mt. Rose Highway on the right hand side after Montreux.

It was this meet:

http://www.seccs.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4&start=0

Good times, good times.

sperry 2004-03-04 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArthurS
I kinda want to try and do that trail that we all day way back when, the truck almost crushed Matt. That looked fun, although we had to cut it short since Scotts car has no traction in snow :P

I got all kinds of traction in the snow. What I don't have is traction on ice on a 10% grade w/ 280ftlb of torque and a manual tranny. :P

ArthurS 2004-03-04 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperry
Quote:

I got all kinds of traction in the snow. What I don't have is traction on ice on a 10% grade w/ 280ftlb of torque and a manual tranny. :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was just messin.

sperry 2004-03-04 03:18 PM

Quote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was just messin.

:lol: I know.... why don't you post the video of me spinning my wheel in the snow?

ArthurS 2004-03-04 03:28 PM

OH....forgot....I'll be sure to do that when I get home. (Its like 20 megs, so it will take awhile to load to my server)...

sperry 2004-03-04 03:32 PM

Quote:

OH....forgot....I'll be sure to do that when I get home. (Its like 20 megs, so it will take awhile to load to my server)...

Um... editing it your friend! :P All we need is a clip of me spinning the wheels... we can laugh at that.

Which reminds me... you got that software on CD for me? ;)

ArthurS 2004-03-04 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperry
Quote:

Um... editing it your friend! :P All we need is a clip of me spinning the wheels... we can laugh at that.

Which reminds me... you got that software on CD for me? ;)

Oh Bugger!!! I had brought it to Matt's house also!

I will bring it tonight for you.

BTW - After editing...its 20 megs. Its a pretty long video and I wanted to keep the quality high so we could see the snow shot up from the tires... :D

sperry 2004-03-04 03:40 PM

Quote:

Oh Bugger!!! I had brought it to Matt's house also!

I will bring it tonight for you.

BTW - After editing...its 20 megs. Its a pretty long video and I wanted to keep the quality high so we could see the snow shot up from the tires... :D

Cool, hopefully I'll make it tonight... I still feel pretty shitty, so I won't be there for long.

Did you try DivX encoding the video? You can usually get some pretty good file size reduction w/o too much loss.

ArthurS 2004-03-04 03:42 PM

I try to away from Divx since a few people out there still don't use it. Then they email me - "Why wont the video work? You suck at teh editing".

sperry 2004-03-04 03:46 PM

Quote:

I try to away from Divx since a few people out there still don't use it. Then they email me - "Why wont the video work? You suck at teh editing".

Well, since all I have is a DivX encoder, I post mine up labeled as "divx". If people can't figure out how to download and double-click a divx codec, then they're not smart enough to deserve to watch my movie. :P :lol: