Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Renos Best Pizza Place? (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3149)

STIwish 2005-05-12 12:23 AM

Renos Best Pizza Place?

Okay guys, as I'm moving to Reno at the beginning of July, I was wondering what everyones favorite pizza places are? cheapest? best deals? best pizza? I need to be prepared you know, and every time i seem to hit the area, the only thing i find is bars, and fast food... go figure! so list em!

dknv 2005-05-12 06:01 AM

I haven't found a pizza place I love yet, so I'd be interesting in seeing some feedback too.

I know Round Table has an all-you-can eat lunch buffet that's a pretty good deal.

ShawnS 2005-05-12 06:18 AM

Round table is good, but having worked there before I wouldn't trust them with my food.

Lately I have been going to Papa Murphy's take n bake. $14.95 for the largest and it doesnt take long at all.

Also, I heard Blue Moon's pizza in the Lakeside plaza is a local favorite. But I have never had there pie's.

Pat R. 2005-05-12 06:42 AM

Pirate's Pizza on Peckham Ln. makes a damn good pie.

ArthurS 2005-05-12 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STIwish
Okay guys, as I'm moving to Reno at the beginning of July, I was wondering what everyones favorite pizza places are? cheapest? best deals? best pizza? I need to be prepared you know, and every time i seem to hit the area, the only thing i find is bars, and fast food... go figure! so list em!

Awsome that your moving up. Personally, I think that JJ's off of 5th st is the best in town.

Nick Koan 2005-05-12 07:40 AM

I really liked Black Rock Pizza on Pyramid, but its more for the interesting toppings pizza. For good ol' regular pizza, I've really only ate at Round Table.

dknv 2005-05-12 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnS
Also, I heard Blue Moon's pizza in the Lakeside plaza is a local favorite. But I have never had there pie's.

Slap my head, I totally forgot about Blue Moon Pizza. They have one called the Tahoe that uses a white sauce and a chicken topping, delicious.

Shawn - re: round table, it's not the ingredients, it's the handling that may be questionable right?

MattR 2005-05-12 08:15 AM

I love Blue Moon. It's ma favorite.

SlickNick112 2005-05-12 08:21 AM

Nu Yalk pizza on the corner of Kietzke and Moana is great!!

Forgotten 2005-05-12 11:41 AM

+1 For Nu Yalk. It's my favorite. I had JJs a few days ago and I wasn't that impressed?

zpeed 2005-05-12 11:50 AM

I like Z-Pizza. It's on Vista and Prater. They have a lot of topping similar to California Kitchen Pizza.

MattR 2005-05-12 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zpeed
I like Z-Pizza. It's on Vista and Prater. They have a lot of topping similar to California Kitchen Pizza.

I've heard that place is awesome, but I haven't tried it yet.

SlickNick112 2005-05-12 01:23 PM

TRUE......Z-Pizza is good, but can't stand up to Nu Yalk!

LetItRev 2005-05-12 01:27 PM

Costco, of course!

SlickNick112 2005-05-12 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetItRev
Costco, of course!

MattR 2005-05-12 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetItRev
Costo, of course!

I don;t know man, It's good in a pinch, but not that high on my list...

NevadaSTi 2005-05-12 01:36 PM

Costco, bang for buck is the best you can do. However, if you are in Lake Tahoe, the Lake Tahoe Pizza Company has been the place to die for for about 10 years. They make a Chicken Garlic pizza thats great.

Brian

BOO 2005-05-12 01:37 PM

Roundtable Has always been at the top of my list here in Reno.. Even though there was a really good Italian family owned pizza place in Vegas that was just to die for .. lol

My vote for the cheapest pizza = Little Caesar's

BOO 2005-05-12 01:38 PM

Wait!! how about the BBQ Chicken Pizza At the Atlantis .. Mmmmm Mmmmm Good!!!!

ScottyS 2005-05-12 01:42 PM

STOP!!! You are making me too hungery!!! :~:

dknv 2005-05-12 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NevadaSTi
Costco, bang for buck is the best you can do. However, if you are in Lake Tahoe, the Lake Tahoe Pizza Company has been the place to die for for about 10 years. They make a Chicken Garlic pizza thats great.

Brian

Are you talking about the Lake Tahoe Pizza Company that was at Tahoe City, on the lake? Because if so, that place burned down last year. I went looking for it in January, and couldn't find it, and had to stop and ask where it went.

LetItRev 2005-05-12 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dknv
Are you talking about the Lake Tahoe Pizza Company that was at Tahoe City, on the lake? Because if so, that place burned down last year. I went looking for it in January, and couldn't find it, and had to stop and ask where it went.

That was Lakehouse Pizza and yes it did burn. The building was red tagged and the owner walked away from it. I have not heard of it opening again.

I worked at a Mom and Pop pizza take out during high school. They were Italian immigrants.

I learned all the prep work that went into great pizza, spaghetti, antipasto, etc. After being spoiled with this incredible quality, truly Italian cuisine, it is really tough to be impressed with commercially available pizza.

I used to eat at the Atlantis's restaurant before their buffet opened. Their pizza is awesome.

To me Round Table is too greasy and expensive.

I was having lunch at Pirates Pizza one day. I saw lots of people doing take out. I hear it is awesome. I had a salad and a sandwich. Oops!

I would love to find a locally owned Italian Deli/Pizza joint in this town.

Pizza is my weakness. I can eat an entire large and then some. Some of you have seen me eat! LOL!

Costco isn't bad. I shop there often and get my pizza fix a slice at a time!

BOO 2005-05-12 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dknv

Hey I wonder if thats the same place that we used to go to for lunch that also burned down ?? Was it by the turn off? kind of like the "Y" turn off ..lol If that makes any sense.... I cant remember the name of the place

LetItRev 2005-05-12 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOO
Hey I wonder if thats the same place that we used to go to for lunch that also burned down ?? Was it by the turn off? kind of like the "Y" turn off ..lol If that makes any sense.... I cant remember the name of the place

Lakehouse was at highway 28 and Grove Street, in Tahoe City. If you drove any further east on Grove, you would be in Lake Tahoe.

BOO 2005-05-12 07:26 PM

yeah i think thats the place that burned down...