Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   My RS is no more... it has ceased to be. (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3423)

Kevin M 2005-07-31 08:57 PM

My RS is no more... it has ceased to be.

As several of you already know, a kid in a 2001 Outback sideswiped me on SR 431 tonight. The car is almost certainly totalled, the left real wheel and strut were ripped off, and the quarterpanel area is hammered. the driver's side door and fender are damaged too. I'm okay, no real inuries, just a little bruising. Pics will be up later tonight.

Nick Koan 2005-07-31 08:58 PM

Yeah man, glad to hear you are okay. It could have been much worse.

sybir 2005-07-31 09:05 PM

Stupid OB kids :(

I'm sorry, man.

tysonK 2005-07-31 09:08 PM

What the hell?

That's terrible.

Glad you are alright.

MattR 2005-07-31 09:40 PM

Yeah, glad you're okay man...The carnage was pretty evident, both cars are trashed...I took the pictures of the scene, and they don't do justice of the amount of damage...

Man I hate Subaru on Subaru violence

sperry 2005-07-31 09:49 PM

Glad to hear you're not hurt!

Make sure you don't take the ins. company's initial offer since they'll very likely try to pay you off fast and cheap... Remember they owe you for the car, your dudctable, the lost wages for being out of work, for rental cars, etc, etc, etc... you make want to get a lawyer ASAP.

Also be careful w/ your job... in NV your employeer can dump you over something as simple as "well, since you're not gonna have a car for a few days, we're just gonna hire someone else", and it's perfectly legal due to "Right to Work" laws.

JC 2005-07-31 09:56 PM

Oh well out with the old in with the new. Fuck you for ruining the WRs.

Kevin M 2005-07-31 10:00 PM

He has AAA... that could suck. But I have AmFam so maybe my insurance company lawyers can at least fight a good fight with theirs. Not only will I be expecting dealer retail for the car, there's also still about $2500 or more in aftermarket parts on the car I expect to be reimbursed for. $1000 wheels, $1200 suspension, intake, flywheel and clutch, etc. Financially this could possibly turn out quite well, and I really doubt I will get any less than I would have gotten from the couple of interested buyers I had. Plus it will make the whole process of selling, getting cash, buying another car, and not having down time in between easier.

As for work, I knew when I took the job that continued employment is dependant on having a car. But, my boss is a pretty good guy, and he thinks well of me, so even if I missed work tomorrow straightening everything out, I would be in a rental by tuesday at the latest, so laying me off would make much less sense for them than filling two days off basically. They would be well within their rights to cut me loose, but it wouldn't make much business sense and I don't think they'd be inclined to even if it was.

Pics will be up in a few.

Kevin M 2005-07-31 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC
Fuck you for ruining the WRs.

And the gold 98s. And the catback Jeremy Starr built. :(

Kevin M 2005-07-31 10:15 PM

Carnage is not a very strong word.

http://www.seccs.org/forums/attachme...&stc=1&thumb=1

Kevin M 2005-07-31 10:15 PM

Note the condition of the wheel at the bottom of the first pic. That's where it ended up after getting yanked off the car...

JC 2005-07-31 10:18 PM

Damn that's bad. Call up Xzibit, maybe he can pimp yo ride.

LetItRev 2005-08-01 12:40 AM

WOW!! I'm glad to hear you are OK. What did the police report say?

Kevin M 2005-08-01 12:49 AM

100% the other guy's fault. 2 witnesses, my statement, evidence at the scene (placement of bits of Subaru + skid marks) plus his admitted fault equals no trouble with insurance hopefully.

JonnydaJibba 2005-08-01 06:49 AM

Wow. Carnage is an understatement, that's freakin vicious. Glad you are ok. So much for sellin her...but maybe now you can part what is left out, salvage some of it at least. That is if the insurance co doesn't scrap it.

murphy 2005-08-01 07:07 AM

Man that could have been really ugly..good thing your okay. Good luck in getting money for the aftermarket parts..Whats the next car going to be if it all goes well?

dknv 2005-08-01 07:26 AM

That is unbelievable. So glad you are ok. I hope the kid is ok too?

If you were bruised in the accident I highly recommend getting checked out by a doctor / urgent care asap, like today. If something medical-related comes up even a week from now, it's better that you made an initial medical reporting earlier rather than later. The kid's insurance should end up paying for this appointment.

AtomicLabMonkey 2005-08-01 08:07 AM

This was a head-on sideswipe? If so, count yourself seriously lucky. That could have been a lot worse, like hospital ICU-worse. Glad you made it out okay.

MikeK 2005-08-01 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
Plus it will make the whole process of selling, getting cash, buying another car, and not having down time in between easier.

It sounds like you're talking about a happy give you free money company, not an insurance company!

I blame a faulty clutch for the accident :P

SlickNick112 2005-08-01 08:31 AM

Wow, man, sorry to hear about the accident. Glad to know that you're ok.

I'll be one of the vultures circling for left overs, If there are any left.

bruspeed 2005-08-01 08:46 AM

Holy shit dude!! Glad to see your okay, trip that we were tear assing around your neighborhood in that hog 6 hours earlier. Mind job. Hope everything goes well with teh insurance.

p.s. Very clever "3/4 gold"

Dean 2005-08-01 09:03 AM

Glad you are OK, and hope the insurance thing works out OK. AAA should be pretty easy to work with compared to some...

Wonder if somebody should pick it up for salvage and turn it into a dedicated track car...

MikeSTI 2005-08-01 09:41 AM

I'm glad your ok :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean
Wonder if somebody should pick it up for salvage and turn it into a dedicated track car...

hmmmmm Airport Auto has a WRX and a few Outback wagons if you need a cheap car..........

One would think I might see this car again at the yard

ScottyS 2005-08-01 11:32 AM

Oh wow, Kevin. We are SO glad you're OK!

It sounds like you are taking it really well so far --- good show.

I hate kids.................that don't know how to drive.

*PS* --- I just saw your sig. I finally sold my old Legacy last week that had been sideswiped by a kid at night as well.......it was the 1990 Royal Blue color.........:huh:

Libila 2005-08-01 01:56 PM

I'm glad to hear you're alright Kevin.

Is the frame damaged too?