Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   Motorsports Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   May 19 (Sat) PDX & Track Trial @ Reno Fernley Raceway (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5846)

Dean 2007-05-14 01:13 PM

May 19 (Sat) PDX & Track Trial @ Reno Fernley Raceway

So who is going on Sat.?

The signup on www.myautoevents.com looks pretty thin...

sperry 2007-05-14 01:20 PM

I'm in (for Time Trials), and I'm not signed up online yet. I think there are quite a few in the same boat... people don't seem to sign up until the last minute.

wrxkidid 2007-05-14 01:32 PM

im going out there to work timing and watch. maybe snag a ride if they will let me.

A1337STI 2007-05-15 07:22 PM

I was thinking about signing up for the PDX wasn't sure on event details, till i read the link Dean posted.

Nick Koan 2007-05-15 08:06 PM

I'll be out there for the hell of it. Not driving, not working (unless they need someone), just hanging out.

wrxkidid 2007-05-15 08:25 PM

bring a lawn chair, umbrella drinks and one of those reflective things so you can get hte underside of your chin to be as tan as the rest of you.

Nick Koan 2007-05-15 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrxkidid (Post 97922)
bring a lawn chair, umbrella drinks and one of those reflective things so you can get hte underside of your chin to be as tan as the rest of you.

Actually, I plan on using that mirror to distract some of the drivers.

GST Mike 2007-05-15 09:23 PM

I would be in for going but some idiot arranged another event on the same day :(

I really want to make it up to Reno for a weekend to check out some of your cars as well as perhaps take something of my own out on track.

Mike

wrxkidid 2007-05-15 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nKoan (Post 97923)
Actually, I plan on using that mirror to distract some of the drivers.

just make sure you dont distract scott. that wouldnt be nice to make him crash his car right after he got it. :lol:

"we have an unidentified shiny object at turn one" :lol:

sperry 2007-05-15 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GST Mike (Post 97925)
I would be in for going but some idiot arranged another event on the same day :(

I really want to make it up to Reno for a weekend to check out some of your cars as well as perhaps take something of my own out on track.

Mike

What are you doing the weekend of June 23-24? TEAM has their RFR event that weekend... many of us from SECCS will be there, along with a bunch of the Bay Area track hounds that drive up for the event.

http://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5558

Should be a fun weekend (last year's event was the most fun I've had at RFR ever thanks to Tam in his Evo to chase/be chased by all weekend).

Bring the 25hr car up and demolish the lap record at yet another track. :cool:

GST Mike 2007-05-16 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperry (Post 97932)
What are you doing the weekend of June 23-24? TEAM has their RFR event that weekend... many of us from SECCS will be there, along with a bunch of the Bay Area track hounds that drive up for the event.

http://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5558

Should be a fun weekend (last year's event was the most fun I've had at RFR ever thanks to Tam in his Evo to chase/be chased by all weekend).

Bring the 25hr car up and demolish the lap record at yet another track. :cool:

That date may well be doable, not sure on the "L" though as she is getting some long awaited overhauling and put on a diet for the up coming events we have planned for her.

Mike

100_Percent_Juice 2007-05-16 07:47 PM

^you need to change your homepage from gruppe-s to GST son!!

GST Mike 2007-05-16 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100_Percent_Juice (Post 97988)
^you need to change your homepage from gruppe-s to GST son!!

Oh my damn!!!

Done!

skrphoto 2007-05-18 12:30 AM

is anyone up for a convoy out to reno-fernley on saturday ? It'll be my first time out there...not sure if ill get lost, but just wanted company = )

zpeed 2007-05-18 05:26 AM

Are they allow ride along? What is the rule? waiver? My friend want to ride in my car sometime in the afternoon. Too bad I can't make it to this 1st PDX but the 2nd one.

wrxkidid 2007-05-18 01:25 PM

not at PDX from what i was told but i could be wrong. skrphoto id convoy out there with you. i paintball out there so i know where the track is but i have never been inside the track comples just to the paintball field next to it.

sperry 2007-05-18 01:51 PM

I don't think SCCA allows ride-alongs, at least they didn't in the past, and I don't remember a rule change to that effect.

The TEAM event this summer will allow ride-alongs with instructors or with participants after they've been signed off for solo by the instructors.

sybir 2007-05-18 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skrphoto (Post 98079)
is anyone up for a convoy out to reno-fernley on saturday ? It'll be my first time out there...not sure if ill get lost, but just wanted company = )

Drive for a while. Get off the freeway. Set cruise at 25mph to avoid overenthusiastic cops. Turn right. Done :D

Dean 2007-05-18 04:59 PM

Hey, what's the deal with food and drinks? Do we get fed lunch, or should I plan on brining something?

A1337STI 2007-05-18 05:25 PM

That would be good info to know. :) You can get pizza delivered out to the track. When i was out at the track last, a very nice lady even drove out pizza out to the skid pad for us. (the one smaller one off of turn 4 i think)

Does anyone know which track configuration we will be driving on ? :)

wrxkidid 2007-05-18 06:39 PM

its super secret. they change it every lap so you have to be on your toes...
no just kidding that would be interesting though.

i have no idea. too bad i only get to watch :(

dknv 2007-05-19 07:25 PM

Well, that was a load of fun while it lasted!
Thanks to everyone who helped pushed my car up into the trailer. Maybe it's just the clutch plate, we will see. (I was so focused on assuming I had the same problem as the white rx8 transmission, I hadn't noticed the clutch didn't go all the way to the floor.)
Saw some awesome cars and Awesome Driving! today.

MattR 2007-05-19 10:01 PM

So, Besides Debbie's mechanical issues, how did it go? Highlghts? Lowlights?

Dean 2007-05-20 07:52 AM

No significant incidents. I instructed Russ and Gina in PDX1 and drove in PDX3 until I finished off my 1/2 used EBC yellows. I forgot how hard this track is on brakes. :( Got about 1.5 hours of track time first though. I'll fab up some brake ducts when I swap rotors/pads this week.

Schedule was kind of messed up for Track Trials which Scott can diatribe about, but PDX was great. the 3 PDX groups were collapsed into 2 groups, thus they had 5 25-30 minute sessions.

Oh, I think the TVR destroyed itself yet again, and Vic is looking for a car wash and shop vac to get the dust and dirt off/out of his car.

Course H: Up the hill and then left...

MattR 2007-05-20 08:18 AM

OH, you ran H!!! That's the one I was talking about as being my favorite...sweet.