Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   Motorsports Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Solo Annual Tech. 4/10/10 Summit Racing Equipment (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8639)

MPREZIV 2010-03-12 07:27 AM

Solo Annual Tech. 4/10/10 Summit Racing Equipment

Reno SCCA's Annual Tech Inspection day is scheduled for Saturday, April 10 at Summit Racing Equipment, 9am-12pm. As with the last two years, an actual rule book, or a printed copy of the online version will both be accepted to fill the requirement of rule book ownership.

Eligible participants will have run at least half of a previous year's Solo events, and be capable of showing the affore-mentioned rulebook availability, and SCCA membership card.

Remember to bring your vehicle in competition ready condition, (I.E. bring your numbers, helmet, etc.)

Any questions, comments, or mad delusions of reality will be fielded in this thread.

Hope to see you there!

Summit Racing Equipment
960 East Glendale Avenue
Sparks, NV 89431
(775) 352-8787

Dean 2010-03-12 07:39 AM

Just to be clear, you do not have to print the whole Rule Book PDF, just the cover page to show you have the basic ability to access it and to have something for Cory to sign. :)

MPREZIV 2010-03-12 07:41 AM

Yeah, that's what I MEANT to say... it's early...

Here's a link to the SCCA page where you can download the PDF!

http://scca.com/contentpage.aspx?content=61

zpeed 2010-03-12 10:31 AM

I did not run many auto-x just PDX. I want to auto-x this year. Can I have my car tech?

Joeyy 2010-03-12 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zpeed (Post 146733)
I did not run many auto-x just PDX. I want to auto-x this year. Can I have my car tech?

Do you have your kids equipment ready for NNKC?

MPREZIV 2010-03-12 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joeyy (Post 146736)
Do you have your kids equipment ready for NNKC?

[asshole] WTF does this have to do with SOLO annual tech? [/asshole]

Nat: Per the rules, you have to have half of the previous year's solo events run. I usually allow for people who may have missed a year or so, but I know have years of previous experience, to do annual tech. How much past experience do you have? I can only recall seeing you at one or two events in the past... :?:

MikeK 2010-03-12 04:22 PM

I interpreted the supplemental regulations to mean that it doesn't have to be the previous year:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supplemental Regulations Section 2.1.1
Annual safety inspection will be offered for vehicles of competitors that have competed in at least one full season of solo events.

Of couse, the next sentence gives you full authoritah anyway:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supplemental Regulations section 2.1.1
The chief of tech, safety steward or solo director may exclude or include any vehicle from the Annual Safety Inspection program

zpeed 2010-03-12 10:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've been auto-x since 1990 in B-stock and move up to ESP couple year later. Then in 2001 my car got totaled. I just bough my Honda so I want to get back in the game.

Here is a proof back in 94 when SCCA still running at Livestock Events Center.

oneup 2010-03-12 10:21 PM

autox

I have never raced, I want to race, do I just show up on the 17th of April for some class so that I can race on the 18th? Do have to go to this inspection thing at Summit Racing to get checked out?????

Dean 2010-03-12 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zpeed (Post 146757)
I've been auto-x since 1990 in B-stock and move up to ESP couple year later. Then in 2001 my car got totaled. I just bough my Honda so I want to get back in the game.

Here is a proof back in 94 when SCCA still running at Livestock Events Center.

I can vouch for Nat's S2000 being at a bunch of PDXs and having regularly passed tech there as well.

Dean 2010-03-12 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneup (Post 146758)
I have never raced, I want to race, do I just show up on the 17th of April for some class so that I can race on the 18th? Do have to go to this inspection thing at Summit Racing to get checked out?????

Yep, show up on the 17th around 8:00! No need to go to Summit other than to hang out.

sperry 2010-03-13 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneup (Post 146758)

Like Dean said... getting set for autocross is super easy. Just show up at the 1st event (or any event really... nothing says you have to go to them all) in a car that's mechanically safe (no leaking fluids, working brakes and seatbelts) and take all the junk out of the car (basically everything that's not bolted down in the truck). You will get inspected that morning, and people will be available to help with any questions or issues.

The only things you might want to consider is pumping your tires up to around 40-45 psi (it will help keep them from wearing on the sidewalls, and it's easier to let air out than to add air in, though there will be an air compressor usually for that if necessary) and bring a helmet if you don't want to have to borrow one of the loaners.

RenoSCCA has a novice program, so you won't have to worry about classing the car, or run groups, or any of that... just show up and someone will tell you when you're running and when you're working. You'll also get instruction on how to work the course. And if you find one of the SECCS guys, you can probably even get some ride-alongs before you run (assuming you don't end up in the 1st run group).

zpeed 2010-03-13 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean (Post 146759)
I can vouch for Nat's S2000 being at a bunch of PDXs and having regularly passed tech there as well.

Thank Dean :)

Joeyy 2010-03-13 12:44 PM

Thankyou very much for so many kind words.

[asshole] WTF does this have to do with SOLO annual tech? [/asshole]

MikeK 2010-03-13 01:14 PM

Does anyone know whether I can sign up for scca membership on the day, or do I need to do it beforehand?

szucchet 2010-03-13 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeK (Post 146768)
Does anyone know whether I can sign up for scca membership on the day, or do I need to do it beforehand?

I am pretty sure that you can get it at the event, this is what i did last year.

van 2010-03-13 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeK (Post 146768)

Registration is closed!

MPREZIV 2010-03-15 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeK (Post 146744)
I interpreted the supplemental regulations to mean that it doesn't have to be the previous year:

Of couse, the next sentence gives you full authoritah anyway:

Indeed! I just don't personally recall Nat at previous events, thus my asking!

Nat: With your past experience, I'd say you're surely eligible for annual tech, just wanted to check!

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeyy
Thankyou very much for so many kind words.

Don't get butt-hurt. This thread has a specific purpose, and your post was not along that purpose what-so-ever. We have a PM function.

zpeed 2010-03-15 07:25 AM

I did PM reply to Joeyy.

MPREZIV 2010-03-15 11:40 AM

Thanks Nat! Hope to see you at Summit on the 10th!