Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   need new wheels 4 my sti,18s please? (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1249)

lakemonster 2004-03-23 08:09 PM

need new wheels 4 my sti,18s please?
 
like i just said i would like to buy a set (4) of 18s for my sti. im kinda looking at the prodrive wrc style, you know the raidial ones...ya you know. anyway i might sell my stockers, but not befor i get dem 18s dauwg.


peace and carots
REED,lakemonster

Dean 2004-03-23 08:20 PM

Talk to some of our former 18 owners... Most are now on 17s...

Most of these were WRXs, and the STIs suspension is stiffer to start with so...

Nick Koan 2004-03-23 08:22 PM

wait, if you are the guy I'm thinking of, don't you have 17 inch Rota SDRs?

I'd hold onto those :lol: I hear stories of people not liking 18s, but other people like them alot, so its tough to judge whether or not you will like them.

lakemonster 2004-03-23 08:40 PM

18s
 
thanx for the 2cents guys i know the 18s are ruffriders but the ladies like to touchem. ya i got some 17 rotas for the winter with my blizaxxxx layin down trax blowin snow blasts,getin it while not goin to fast.WORDBEATCH!!
i do however still got dem bbs stock shoes'nsocks their fly but ,but well maybee your all right ,ok?you happy?im wrong, big efn deal dude!pppfffff whatever im outa hear this place creeps me out.

stimgonnagitya
REED lakemonster

tysonK 2004-03-23 08:47 PM

basically you want take 15% of the MRSP on your car and put that towards new 18s.

tires dont really matter so get whatever is cheapest.

but I like the volk ce28n after seeing them in person.

and something with a stiff sidewall

sperry 2004-03-23 08:48 PM

Re: 18s
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakemonster
thanx for the 2cents guys i know the 18s are ruffriders but the ladies like to touchem. ya i got some 17 rotas for the winter with my blizaxxxx layin down trax blowin snow blasts,getin it while not goin to fast.WORDBEATCH!!
i do however still got dem bbs stock shoes'nsocks their fly but ,but well maybee your all right ,ok?you happy?im wrong, big efn deal dude!pppfffff whatever im outa hear this place creeps me out.

stimgonnagitya
REED lakemonster

Ow, I just blew a brain cell.

MattR 2004-03-23 08:49 PM

I'm putting 18's on my STI for summer. :P , If you guys don't like the ride, then too bad :lol: I like the Work Emotions and the Volk CE28's. Check out
www.gruppe-s.com
they have a few pics of the wheels.

JC 2004-03-23 10:17 PM

18s? You need 19s yo.

AtomicLabMonkey 2004-03-24 10:24 AM

Re: 18s
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakemonster
i do however still got dem bbs stock shoes'nsocks their fly but ,but well maybee your all right ,ok?you happy?im wrong, big efn deal dude!pppfffff whatever im outa hear this place creeps me out.

Did elementary school just let out?

lakemonster 2004-03-24 12:23 PM

atomic ford monkey
 
atomic ,

no school didnt let me out , i just went to school in livermoore er u 'less.

oh! what are you doing here again? dont you drive a FORD! ouch!

now we all know the truth and knowing is half the battle the other half is driving a sti or at least one of its ALL wheel siblings.


AND THE OTHER HALF !!!!

lakemonster

STIwish 2004-03-24 12:24 PM

*blinks* did I just log on to Nabisco?

dknv 2004-03-24 12:55 PM

Nobody ever said we weren't a diverse group ....

sperry 2004-03-24 01:01 PM

Re: atomic ford monkey
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakemonster
atomic ,

no school didnt let me out , i just went to school in livermoore er u 'less.

oh! what are you doing here again? dont you drive a FORD! ouch!

now we all know the truth and knowing is half the battle the other half is driving a sti or at least one of its ALL wheel siblings.


AND THE OTHER HALF !!!!

lakemonster

:lol: That's balls right there.

FYI: Austin's one of our resident tech gurus. He recently got a job designing parts over at Maximum Motorsports. His Ford will stomp all of our cars in the AutoX. :lol: He's on the site 'cause he's one of my close friends from college and I invited him.

Dean 2004-03-24 01:30 PM

Now children... You play nice together...

Don't make me start this car! :D

lakemonster 2004-03-24 02:18 PM

im sorry
 
i had no idea who i was dealing with.i thout i was logged onto subaru enthusiasts car club of the sierras.i guess im on the smart guys with fast cars site.

ive got this friend hes a genius,millionare,designer,shoe company owner,and hes got a new 911 twin prop all wheel with a small fortune in mods.he didnt go to college,i woner if he would like to log on and tell us all howw stupid,slow,and generally underfunded we all are.

naa they have sites fo subaruand(ford)slayers.

this is for us all that had to go comunity college and finance our subarus.


peace seriosly peace
lakemonster

AtomicLabMonkey 2004-03-24 02:20 PM

Re: atomic ford monkey
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakemonster
no school didnt let me out , i just went to school in livermoore er u 'less.

Umm, what? Quick, somebody get my Captain Midnight decoder ring!

Quote:

oh! what are you doing here again? dont you drive a FORD! ouch!
Yes, I drive a Ford, a derivative of a late 1970's Fairmont, no less. It's a real pig.

Quote:

now we all know the truth and knowing is half the battle the other half is driving a sti or at least one of its ALL wheel siblings.
Well, G.I. Joe, everyone here already knew that since I've been up to Reno to visit and autocross with them in my old pathetic Ford.

Quote:

AND THE OTHER HALF !!!!
Once again... what?

Just to clue you in on a little secret, in case you didn't get it before, my elementary school comment was based on the extremely poor english skills you demonstrated in your post I quoted. Internet forums are by definition communication through the use of the written word, and shortcuts we take in everyday conversation like incomplete sentences, incorrect grammar and missing punctuation, don't work effectively here. I speak only for myself here since I don't own this board, but I'd suggest you either drop that ridiculous writing style (if you know how to write better), or go take a goddamn remedial english writing class at the local community college (if you don't), and don't come back until you've finished it. I don't really care which, since either way you'd spare us the headache of trying to decipher the incoherent, rambling "posts" you keep slapping together like a drunken monkey on speed. :roll:

sperry 2004-03-24 02:32 PM

Re: im sorry
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakemonster
i had no idea who i was dealing with.i thout i was logged onto subaru enthusiasts car club of the sierras.i guess im on the smart guys with fast cars site.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The SECCS front page
This site is an online meeting place for Subaru owners and enthusiasts from the greater Sierra Nevada area, including Reno, Lake Tahoe, and Sacramento. Most of the people on this site are local to the area, however we welcome everyone as members, regardless of location. Please feel free to join the forums, browse the gallery, or join us in person to meet our members!

You don't have to be an owner to be an enthusiast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakemonster
ive got this friend hes a genius,millionare,designer,shoe company owner,and hes got a new 911 twin prop all wheel with a small fortune in mods.he didnt go to college,i woner if he would like to log on and tell us all howw stupid,slow,and generally underfunded we all are.

I'd love to have someone w/ a sweet 911 come on the board and share his experience with us. However, if he's just coming here to troll and knock us because his car costs more than our, then he can get bent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakemonster
naa they have sites fo subaruand(ford)slayers.

this is for us all that had to go comunity college and finance our subarus.


peace seriosly peace
lakemonster

You lost me on the rest of that...

MikeSTI 2004-03-24 02:34 PM

:lol: :lol: I kind of thought it was funny........made me laugh at least :lol: keep it real Lake!!! 8)

Dean 2004-03-24 02:45 PM

Re: im sorry
 
If only the HypnoToad was around to enforce civility in the ranks. :)

Unless I am mistaken, everyone is welcome here as long as they behave, Subaru enthusiast or not, In the Sierras or not....

Warning: This board is populated by smart asses, myself included who will not give you an inch of slack when it comes to good natured jibes. Write any way you want, but be prepared for comments.

That said, it is a pretty good group, and there is a ton of car knowledge as well as misinformation in the heads of members. :)

I personally have three all wheel drive turbocharged cars and am a club level high performance driving instructor. We have mechanics, national level racers, and people who just like cars but don't even own one..

Many of us participate in Autocross and Road Course performance driving. You and your Porsche friend should come out and join us at Stead on April 17th if not sooner at one of out Thurs. night meets.

Look forward to meeting you.

-Dean

lakemonster 2004-03-24 02:47 PM

spell check
 
wow another college boy response.
ripping into my writing style good one!
im gonna let it slide 'cause(like that brev.bro.) you prob. are looking for booty.and its hard to be nice when your pissed off,its cool i understand.

but anyway its not nice to be mean to stupid people even if it makes you feel good.

i want to let all the people who maybe cant spell well,or maybe have poor wrtiting skills,or maybe its a math thing.ITS OK you can still have a fast allwheell drive car work onit yourself and get beat by some frankin'ford all day.ITS OK your in a subaru,peace.


seeya(REARVEIW)

LAKEMONSTER

AtomicLabMonkey 2004-03-24 03:08 PM

Re: spell check
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakemonster
wow another college boy response.
ripping into my writing style good one!
im gonna let it slide 'cause(like that brev.bro.) you prob. are looking for booty.and its hard to be nice when your pissed off,its cool i understand.

but anyway its not nice to be mean to stupid people even if it makes you feel good.

i want to let all the people who maybe cant spell well,or maybe have poor wrtiting skills,or maybe its a math thing.ITS OK you can still have a fast allwheell drive car work onit yourself and get beat by some frankin'ford all day.ITS OK your in a subaru,peace.

I never said you were stupid, I said you weren't communicating worth a damn. There's a big difference. Anyways, the only thing that slid in this little conversation was my point right over your head. Don't worry, I'm not going to bother anymore.

lakemonster 2004-03-24 03:15 PM

dear mustang(MULLET?)
 
no im not gonna bother!!

ha ha last word ha ha

grow up oakley blades

peace OUT!
I WIN

STIwish 2004-03-24 03:19 PM

lol, *just shakes his head*

MikeSTI 2004-03-24 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STIwish
lol, *just shakes his head*

:lol: :lol: :lol: I love free speach it just sucks when it comes at a bad time :lol: :lol: :lol:
I want the last word :P

sperry 2004-03-24 04:30 PM

Re: dear mustang(MULLET?)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakemonster
no im not gonna bother!!

ha ha last word ha ha

grow up oakley blades

peace OUT!
I WIN

man... I thought I was putting it nicely, yet clearly earlier.

Here it is more blatently:

Austin's a friend of the board. Shit, he's member #8 around here, pre-dating most everyone else. He's also a close personal friend of mine, and I'm member #1. If you insult him, and you insult me and a bunch of the other people on this board. That's not exactly the way to fit into a new group of people. Now if/when you come to meets, you're going to have to make up for all that... It's true what that say about 1st impressions being lasting.

Perhaps you should read through more of the board before you continue posting insults. This is a pretty tightly knit group, and almost all of us know each other personally, outside of the board. This isn't NASIOC or I-Club... there are no trolls here, there are no e-thugs. We'd love to have more local members on the board, but I'm not interested in people that aren't here to contribute positively.

So far, most of your handful of posts have been insulting to all of us. And, in particular you've already alienated yourself from one of the more intelligent people on the board. And by intelligent I'm not talking about college degrees and the like. Austin knows a lot about cars... he's a mechanical engineer for a race parts manufacturer for chistsake! He's probably the person on here that could have given you the best information about that WRC style intercooler you posted about in the other thread! But now, you'll be lucky to get anything but attitude out of him, if he even bothers to reply at all.

My point is, we'd love to have you on the board, but not if you're going to talk trash and insult people you've never met. Find out who we are, come to some meets, there's lots of resources here... most of us have some racing background (even if it's mostly AutoX) so we know a bit about making cars go faster. If that's something you're interested in, then we're probably a helpful resource, plus we'd like to have your experiences added to the groups! Unfortunately, you're burning bridges before you've even crossed them.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Content Copyright Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras unless otherwise noted.