Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   WTF is FedEx's problem? (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4654)

sperry 2006-05-18 02:49 PM

WTF is FedEx's problem?

Here's the trace for the package I'm waiting for:

Code:

May 16, 2006  8:54 PM  Arrived at FedEx location          SACRAMENTO, CA
May 12, 2006  4:06 PM  Departed FedEx location            ELLENWOOD, GA
May 11, 2006  7:02 PM  Arrived at FedEx location          ELLENWOOD, GA
              3:22 PM  Picked up                          ELLENWOOD, GA
May 4, 2006    6:04 PM  Package data transmitted to FedEx  Duluth, GA

1st of all, the package was shipped on the 4th, and originally was scheduled for delivery on the 10th.

Then it looks like it never even left until the 12th.

Now it's sitting in Sac for 2 days?

What the fuck?! I've shipped 4 tires from Florida in a week... what's the problem with this package, it's 20lbs, but it's not giant.

How much you wanna bet it arrives in a fucking plastic bag w/ a "sorry we jacked your shit up" note on it. :mad: The shipper better have paid for the insurance 'cause this is a $1000 hub conversion kit for the WRX.

MattR 2006-05-18 02:55 PM

What a mess....I will say one thing, FedEx Ground's actual ground shipping network is in shambles. They have an owner operator based transportation network that doesn't have enough trucks to keep up with their growth. It's likely that there has been a backlog on getting trailers over the pass from their Sacramento sort facility. Also, getting it from Georgia means it probably stopped at 10 other facilities already.

If they were smaret, they'd use the Union Pacific Railroad like UPS does. YES, all your UPS ground shipments from back east come via train. It seems to work the best.

MattR 2006-05-18 02:57 PM

Upon further review, it looks like it didn't even leave the shipper's location until the 11th, so it's most likely the shipper being the jackass, unless the FedEx guy kept forgetting to stop and pick it up. Either way, you're screwed

sperry 2006-05-18 03:00 PM

So what you're saying is, don't bother to ship FedEx ground. Period.

tysonK 2006-05-18 03:05 PM

My brother says he has way more problems getting packages from shippers on pickup than anything else. Most of the time they act stupid and try to pass him around the building looking for shit.

He also said they are usally really busy and he thinks like Matt they have a hard time with carryover trailers, simply not enough capital growth.

I used UPS to ship my uk300s to Flordia.

khail19 2006-05-18 03:20 PM

I've been using Fedex a lot lately and have had good luck. I shipped a subwoofer to NY for about $10 Fedex. Another sub went to PA in the same size box that I shipped USPS since it's closer to my work. $23 they charged me. Needless to say, I have only used Fedex since. It looks like the shipper is to blame for this one though.

sperry 2006-05-18 03:21 PM

I talked to the shipper. He says they picked it up on the 4th. He actually emailed me a few days ago to make sure I got it... and it hadn't even left GA at the time!

khail19 2006-05-18 03:30 PM

Maybe he's lying, or maybe Fedex lost it for a while. When I ordered my rims from Edgeracing in Florida, I received 3 when I was supposed to. The 4th box came 3 days later, and it was all trashed up. Rim was OK, one small scratch on it. This was UPS though, not Fedex.

MattR 2006-05-18 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperry
So what you're saying is, don't bother to ship FedEx ground. Period.

No, I guess not, All the shipping companies have issues in one area or another, You seem to have really shitty luck with FedEx though. Remember the whole "It's not on our map" fiasco? :lol:

sperry 2006-05-18 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattR
No, I guess not, All the shipping companies have issues in one area or another, You seem to have really shitty luck with FedEx though. Remember the whole "It's not on our map" fiasco? :lol:

I... I know!

Dean 2006-05-18 05:18 PM

The Frankensuby curse strikes again is all I can say...

Bob Danger 2006-05-18 07:29 PM

I like UPS mainly because the UPS store here in Carson kicks ass, Tim and I where tring to ship a 4G63 block and head (thats one of those dsm powerplants you love so much) but the block was like 4lbs overweight, so they let us disassembled it in the store. Good times

SpecB#127 2006-05-19 10:09 AM

I have had both good and bad experiences with both FedEx ground and UPS, but for the most part, I have fewer problems with FedEx. The best part about my job is playing them off against one another to get the best discounts for the company :lol:

SpecB#127 2006-05-19 10:21 AM

sperry,

Did you ever receive your package? I have the number for my Fedx Ground sales rep that you could yell at. He generally gets stuff resolved real quickly. Let me know if yoy want it.

sperry 2006-05-22 01:41 PM

Sweet, so my package is still just sitting around in Sacramento according to FedEx's website. :roll:

I called 'em and they're putting a "trace" on the package to find out what happened. Something tells me the package is gone or destroyed... I sure hope it was shipped w/ insurance.

A1337STI 2006-05-25 10:24 AM

Damn still no package?

maybe their current situation explains how i'm getting some tires shipped out very quickly. I bought 2 tires off an IWSTI forum members, as it turns out he used to work at fed ex and kept his work Shirt. he told me he put on his work shirt, and just walked into the back room and gave himself an employee discount or something and shipped them out asap.. (if they actually get here i don't know) says it will show up tomorrow.
crappy though on their super slow ground. (is it express savor?)

sperry 2006-05-25 10:30 AM

FedEx must have lost or destroyed the package. I have to wait 10 days after the last scan before they'll declare it "lost" however... that's tomorrow. Then I need them to send me the $914 the kit costs and order another one.

A1337STI 2006-05-26 02:34 PM

That's very lame. unless you got the kit for less then $1,000 and you can find an other kit for < $1,000 and some how make some money out of this. then it would still suck but at least it would sucky with cash back... :)

i got my used tires today. (barely used)

van 2006-05-27 08:27 AM

C'mon Fedex isn't that bad, They delivered my V4 bumper turn signals promtly last night.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...van/may043.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...van/may042.jpg :huh:

Nick Koan 2007-09-21 11:13 AM

Bumpity.

You've got to be kidding me.

Came home for lunch, and got to see this.

http://www.neurosybir.net/nkoan/images/fedex2.jpg

Its one thing to require a signature. Its another to put the signature required tag literally right next to the signature required pre-authorization release form.

God damn.

left footed whooten 2007-09-21 11:34 AM

Ooooooohhhhhhh don't get me started. Just got my supertones from Safedrives.com. FedEx, after four consecutive days of claiming 'wrong address' (when it is really a case of blind & lazy driver), calling each day to spell it out for them letter for letter and number for number, ensuring them that my address is indeed correct, I finally just said fuck it and went to pick it up myself. Each time I called, it was like starting from square one. Each time they said they would make a note, which would not exist when I talked to the next person the next day.

I finally just told the lady on the phone to put it at the desk and I'll come get it. I verified the FedEx location and went off to pick them up.......they sent me to the wrong one. I finally made it to the right one, and boy I was so happy I was shitting jolly ranchers, and the waste of life there didn't know anything about it...back to square one again......then she finally figures it out, but not before giving me so much attitude that I was on the verge of pissing on the door on my way out...at least I got my horns.

cody 2007-09-21 11:57 AM

They dropped a box off at my front door on Saturday and I didn't notice it until Monday. Crazy that it was still there.

GC8.Love 2007-09-21 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nKoan (Post 106189)

I feel your pain.

sperry 2007-09-21 12:28 PM

Nick, print out that picture, go pick up the package, and personally hand it to the delivery driver's manager with the delivery driver standing there. Ask the manager how they can employ someone who's job it is to drive a large and potentially lethal truck when they're obviously blind.

That would even be more satisfying than the time Matt dropped off a map to my house to show them how to deliver a package to me. :lol:

Libila 2007-09-22 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Danger (Post 75572)
I like UPS mainly because the UPS store here in Carson kicks ass, Tim and I where tring to ship a 4G63 block and head (thats one of those dsm powerplants you love so much) but the block was like 4lbs overweight, so they let us disassembled it in the store. Good times

Hahaha, good times...