Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Worst Movie EVAH! (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5254)

Ezdno 2006-11-17 11:01 PM

The Worst Movie EVAH!

So tonight I find myself almost kidless, so the boy and I head to the movies, big weekend, Bond, Harsh Times, some good movies out you know. First of all, no movies start at 6:20 in the pm, they are all 7:30 ish or later, so time to burn an hour. We decide on Harsh Times, with Christian (Batman Begins) Bale, previews look good, soldier of the apocolypse and all. This by far was the worst movie I have seen in the last 2 decades....and I watch alot of movies. This best part of this movie, if you can find one, is the END! If you had any inclination about going to see this movie, get a mocha latte instead. This is the kind of movie that should have gone straight to the pawn shop instead of the movie theater or dvd. If any of you saw Equilibrium with Christian Bale, you know how bad that movie was.....this is worse!

If you would like me to tell you the best part let me know, I should have wasted my money on Stranger than Fiction instead of going to this piece of crap.

Bob Danger 2006-11-18 12:14 AM

You should have seen Bond, Daniel Craig did an awesome job.

JonnydaJibba 2006-11-18 04:37 AM

no.

Bob Danger 2006-11-18 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnydaJibba
no.

How can you criticize something you have not seen?

M3n2c3 2006-11-18 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Danger
You should have seen Bond, Daniel Craig did an awesome job.

I want to see that, but I may have to wait for the DVD. :(

Bob Danger 2006-11-19 06:14 AM

It's like a whole new era of Bond films, not ruled by gadgets, and CGI. I would also like to add that there are is no CGI in this film. I am proud to say that I saw it twice, in a 24 hour period. Truth be told I will see it at least once more.

sybir 2006-11-19 12:20 PM

I also thought the new Bond film kicked ass. A return to the Sean Connery era, with a pimp 007 not spouting tons of one-liners, believable plots, nice (real) stunt work, fleshed out villains, etc.

I was skeptical about Craig, but he pulled it off beatifully and it was a great adaptation of the book.

100_Percent_Juice 2006-11-19 04:29 PM

I thought it was pretty damn good. It was a little much though when he was chasing that black guy with the bomb. Reminded me of the chase sceen in IRobot "ns-5 STAND DOWN"

MPREZIV 2006-11-20 07:38 AM

BOND KICKS ASS!!!!!!!!!!

that is all...

Ezdno 2006-11-25 07:05 PM

I concur, my brother and I went to renew our 17 yr ritual of going to watch every Bond movie together. I liked it!

sp00ln 2006-11-26 12:40 AM

Bond sucked balls. Tho, does anyone know what were the ingredients to his martini?

van 2006-11-26 07:26 AM

Pick of Destiny fucking rocked!!!!

AtomicLabMonkey 2006-11-26 09:11 AM

Holy smokin' fucking hotties, Batman. Those were some of the best looking Bond girls I've ever seen.

And I give the new Bond a tentative thumbs-up. I'm waiting to see where they go with the next movie. I liked this stripped down version without all the gadgetry and fluff.. but his spycraft skills were a little weak and he had almost zero of the typical Bond-panache. I think Craig is capable, it will just depend on the writing in future movies.

MikeK 2006-11-26 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtomicLabMonkey
I liked this stripped down version without all the gadgetry and fluff.. but his spycraft skills were a little weak and he had almost zero of the typical Bond-panache.

I haven't seen it yet but I read in a review that this movie goes back to when he was a spy noob, so that may have been intentional. (damn noobs).

M3n2c3 2006-11-26 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeK
I haven't seen it yet but I read in a review that this movie goes back to when he was a spy noob, so that may have been intentional. (damn noobs).

Yeah, it's supposedly back to the basics.

MPREZIV 2006-11-27 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sp00ln
Bond sucked balls. Tho, does anyone know what were the ingredients to his martini?

Two finger's of Gordons, one of vodka, shaken over ice with a lemon peel...

Bob Danger 2006-11-27 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPREZIV
Two finger's of Gordons, one of vodka, shaken over ice with a lemon peel...

Wow, I saw that movie twice and I didn't remember that.

MPREZIV 2006-11-27 08:00 AM

I'm just a Bond addict dude... it's burned into my memory!!!!!

sp00ln 2006-11-27 10:30 PM

It seemed like there was more to it. I'll give it a go anyways tho. Thanks.