Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   Motorsports Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Running CS in the morning this saturday (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10229)

michio10 2014-06-16 10:16 AM

Running CS in the morning this saturday

hey guys,
I have a quick question...

I've been running in the green run group with my BRZ and I know that this Saturday, Green group will be running on the afternoon...

With that being said, I was wondering if its possible to run as CS this saturday in the morning half for the SOLO this weekend due to my work schedule which I work at 2PM. its not really a big deal but i'd feel much much better about myself being able to make my run count instead of run-no-points when I come in and run in the morning.

Now I'm asking this because I thought I briefly over heard that as long as I ask for permission from someone it is possible and I wanted to verify that before I go and post on Reno SCCA forum.

-Michio

sperry 2014-06-16 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michio10 (Post 165557)
hey guys,
I have a quick question...

I've been running in the green run group with my BRZ and I know that this Saturday, Green group will be running on the afternoon...

With that being said, I was wondering if its possible to run as CS this saturday in the morning half for the SOLO this weekend due to my work schedule which I work at 2PM. its not really a big deal but i'd feel much much better about myself being able to make my run count instead of run-no-points when I come in and run in the morning.

Now I'm asking this because I thought I briefly over heard that as long as I ask for permission from someone it is possible and I wanted to verify that before I go and post on Reno SCCA forum.

-Michio

Theoretically, everyone you're competing against will need to okay you running out of group... so that's all the CS competitors... plus all the people in Stock-2, since that's your competition group... plus everyone that's running in the overall PAX championship... so it's pretty much "everyone", theoretically speaking, which will be impossible if you're running before them since there will be people that won't know you want to run out of class until they show up at noon after you've already run.

That said, I think the way it *usually* works is you make your intentions known, try to get your immediate competitors to agree, and then run out of group. After the fact, if anyone protests, you'll be converted to RNP for the event... but I've never heard of that happening. Honestly, the only way I'd expect this to be a problem is if you place like top-5 in PAX or something on the day... or if it rains in the afternoon and you got to run in the dry or something. As long as the surface isn't coming up, the afternoons tend to be faster anyway... so running in the AM isn't usually an advantage.

Cory or MattR or someone that's been running in solo more recently than I will likely have better suggestions as to how to go about running out of group.

MattR 2014-06-16 01:55 PM

Michio,
It's been a very Grey area over the years, but as Scott said, generally, if you reach out to the event chair and any competitors that are on site for approval, you'll likely be okay. You may want to reach out to John Evans and/Or Cory Davis on the renoscca forums and reach them that way.

Another option I use, is to find a class that your car fits into in a mornign group, like STX. And just run up a class. That is a much cleaner option and doesn't put drivers or event officials in a bad position.

michio10 2014-06-19 11:43 PM

Thanks guys. I'll see and ask around on Saturday morning. Not like I'm that fast anyways

A1337STI 2014-06-24 03:14 PM

Just run in a ladies class, cause you'll only need permission from a few people. ;)

it worked pretty well for my wife, but your results may vary .

michio10 2014-06-29 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A1337STI (Post 165569)
Just run in a ladies class, cause you'll only need permission from a few people. ;)

it worked pretty well for my wife, but your results may vary .

lol.... aand id still get my ass kicked lol.