Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Hey guys (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=720)

Nick Koan 2003-10-23 11:55 AM

Hey guys

Hey guys,

This is my first post and I just wanted to introduce myself. I recently moved back in with my parents in Placerville and started to get to know some of the Sac scene people. Went to the first weekly meet in Sac as well as the last S-Squared BBQ. I remember hanging out with some of you at the last BBQ listening to the A's game from Scott's (I think) car. I was the asian (half-asian to be pendantic) kid w/ the sheared head. Good friends with Sybir (the guy w/ the Black OB thats totally stickered up) and I showed up to both of those meets with him.

Anyways, I've had just about as much of my parents as I can stand, so I'm moving this winter up to South Lake Tahoe. I figured since I was moving closer to you all, it might be a good time to register on all ya'lls nice little message board thingie you got going on here.

Hope you don't mind another lurker who may post occasionally :P

ArthurS 2003-10-23 12:04 PM

Nice! Lake Tahoe is a awsome place to live. Gonna be cold..hehe.

Hope you can drop by for a meet or two every now and then. Not to mention, we might be having a group ski day or something sometime in the winter.

sperry 2003-10-23 12:25 PM

Cool man! Always glad to get more locals up on the board! I'm sure we'll be hitting a mountian at least once as a group. We need to check out Ben's skills! :lol:

dknv 2003-10-23 12:26 PM

might have to take a helicopter ride to check out Ben's skills!

MattR 2003-10-23 12:30 PM

Hell yeah, welcome dude...good to see you made it...

matt

JC 2003-10-23 12:51 PM

welcome

burtoncustomRS 2003-10-23 01:31 PM

A group ski day would be awesome!! By the way, who skis and who snowboards??? And who thinks that they're the best??? What brands do y'all ride?

I sport the Burton Custom. Been riding for 6 years.

Rachel

dknv 2003-10-23 01:34 PM

Ski - dynastar.
Been wanting to try but scared to try snowboarding.

sperry 2003-10-23 01:38 PM

I'm on the biggest Burton they made 2 years ago, whatever it's called (6'4" and size 12 shoes, my feet still hang off)... and I totally suck at boarding.

Been doing it for only 2 years, but I'm so bad and in such bad shape that I almost dread going up. I keep thinking that I've got enough hobbies and I should sell my board... but if the group is going to all go, I might as well humiliate myself again this winter.

JC 2003-10-23 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burtoncustomRS
A group ski day would be awesome!! By the way, who skis and who snowboards??? And who thinks that they're the best??? What brands do y'all ride?

I sport the Burton Custom. Been riding for 6 years.

Rachel

You know Brendan?

Nick Koan 2003-10-23 01:40 PM

Heh, I'm gonna go for my first real season of snowboarding this winter. I've been going off and on for about 6 years now... and I can barely make it down the bunny slope w/o falling.

I skied from when I was 4 or 5 but I haven't gone in about 4 years ago or so. I only stopped cause I moved to Southern California, and whenever I was back at my parents, I always seemed to pick snowboarding over skiing.

burtoncustomRS 2003-10-23 01:41 PM

Hey, props to you for doing it. Maybe I can give you some pointers or help you out a little, if you don't mind taking advice from a girl :wink: .

You should try snowboarding some time dknv, it's fun!

Rachel

dknv 2003-10-23 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperry
I keep thinking that I've got enough hobbies and I should sell my board... but if the group is going to all go, I might as well humiliate myself again this winter.

Well, if autox'ing is one of your hobbies, its resting in the winter anyway, so you needed something to take its place. :wink:

sperry 2003-10-23 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dknv
Quote:

I keep thinking that I've got enough hobbies and I should sell my board... but if the group is going to all go, I might as well humiliate myself again this winter.

Well, if autox'ing is one of your hobbies, its resting in the winter anyway, so you needed something to take its place. :wink:

It's not the time I'm concerned about, it's the money... I need the money I'm spending on boards and lift tix to pay for my coilovers and ECU remaps! :lol:

dknv 2003-10-23 01:46 PM

I hear you! I wanna buy those kodiaks & konis.....

sperry 2003-10-23 01:48 PM

Quote:

I hear you! I wanna buy those kodiaks & konis.....

Just buy the whole car! How old's your daughter? She's gonna need her own D-Stock ride soon enough! :lol:

dknv 2003-10-23 01:51 PM

she's 12, so i need to get her in a kart 1st - plus i don't need my kid beating me in my own class! :lol: :lol:

sperry 2003-10-23 01:54 PM

Quote:

she's 12, so i need to get her in a kart 1st - plus i don't need my kid beating me in my own class! :lol: :lol:

Damn, I wish my parents would have put me in a kart at age 12...

sperry 2003-10-23 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burtoncustomRS
Hey, props to you for doing it. Maybe I can give you some pointers or help you out a little, if you don't mind taking advice from a girl :wink: .

I'll take advice from anyone that can help keep me from eating shit repeatedly as I tumble down the mountain. :lol:

MattR 2003-10-23 01:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Damn, I wish my parents would have put me in a kart at age 12...

Mine did, I just couldn't afford to buy my own :cry: and gave up. Seriously, carting at that age is such a great idea

tysonK 2003-10-23 09:14 PM

I Ski.

I'll go on the group mountian day.

going down the hill is better with friends.

is that a limerick?

ArthurS 2003-10-23 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tysonK
I Ski.

I'll go on the group mountian day.

going down the hill is better with friends.

is that a limerick?

Nice! So Tyson and I ski. Ben boards. What does everyone else do?

sperry 2003-10-23 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArthurS

If you count sliding down a mountain on your ass with a snow board attached to your feet snowboarding... then I board too. :lol:

ArthurS 2003-10-23 09:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArthurS

If you count sliding down a mountain on your ass with a snow board attached to your feet snowboarding... then I board too. :lol:

Alright so we have:

Skiier's:
Tyson
Arthur
Nick
Debbie

Boarder's:
Scott
Ben
Rachel
Matt
Mike
Colin
Evan

Snowskater's:
Justin

Anyone else? This should be a interesting count.

Nick Koan 2003-10-23 09:49 PM

both. I'm a better skier, but I'm trying to learn boarding.