Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Cell Phone Companies (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3880)

cody 2005-11-16 01:56 PM

Cell Phone Companies

What's the best company to go with for Coverage, Customer Service, Geek Factor, Total Value.

My friend who lives in Fernley and works in Reno wants to know. I did notice I had perfect reception on my cell while I was at RFR, but I absolutely hate my company, Cingular, ever since they bought ATT...long story.

Nick Koan 2005-11-16 02:00 PM

I had nextel and it wasn't too bad in Reno, except it sucked in the South.

Since they merged to Sprint, I jumped ship to Sprint, and so far the coverage seems better. And its cheaper to boot. (and I'm going to abuse my powers and add it to your poll).

cody 2005-11-16 02:01 PM

Cool, thanks for adding them to the poll.

MattR 2005-11-16 02:01 PM

I have NEXTEL, I'm okay with it...As far as I can tell, no one loves their service on any provider :(

MikeSTI 2005-11-16 02:03 PM

my cell phone is always off :P

I hate them all!!!!!!!

MattR 2005-11-16 02:09 PM

I will say one thing...NEXTEL works IN Fernley, but not between Reno and Fernley. If he lives in Fernley, I'd stay away from Nextel.

cody 2005-11-16 02:17 PM

She's a she. :) That's good to know.

MattR 2005-11-16 02:22 PM

Oh..."It's a Lady!"
http://movieline.standard8media.com/...adies_man1.jpg

cody 2005-11-16 02:23 PM

LMAO! Who says SNL skits don't make great movies!

Can anybody say anything about Verizon. Consumer Reports always puts them on top in every city, but unfortunately, Reno wasn't included.

ArthurS 2005-11-16 02:29 PM

Sprint > *

I switched from Cingular to Sprint...got sprints crappiest phone...and I still get 10x better service. Not to mention the prices are nice and the customer serivce is the best I have had to date.

DARKSTI 2005-11-16 02:30 PM

i have cingular and it sucks. I lose coverage going down on Mae Anne just after Somerset, and some other weird spots like that. I may be changing too, so im gonna see what you guys say ;) :)

ArthurS 2005-11-16 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DARKSTI
i have cingular and it sucks. I lose coverage going down on Mae Anne just after Somerset, and some other weird spots like that. I may be changing too, so im gonna see what you guys say ;) :)

Not to push you in any one direction or anything, but I live right there by somerset also, and I never lose signal...

DARKSTI 2005-11-16 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArthurS
Not to push you in any one direction or anything, but I live right there by somerset also, and I never lose signal...

Yea, i was actually thinking of going with sprint. Not to mention ive had it with Cingular :< :mad:

cody 2005-11-16 03:07 PM

Just to get a kick in...fuck Cingular. Worst customer service EVAR!

sperry 2005-11-16 03:27 PM

I had Cingular, dropped 'em over a customer service issue. Got AT&T, 'cause it was IGT's "prefered" provider, dropped 'em when Cingular bought 'em out. Got NEXTEL, I really liked NEXTEL but the coverage and/or the phone I had dropped a lot of calls... jumped over to Sprint as soon as I could after the takeover. So far (2 months or less) I'm pretty happy w/ Sprint.

If your friend is thinking of going to Sprint, drop by the Spring store on S. Virginia next to Meadowood Mall and talk to Nick. He hooked up like 4 or 5 of us ini the club w/ service. He's got a WRX, and seems like a pretty cool guy (though he still hasn't come out to a meet!).

Nick Koan 2005-11-16 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperry
If your friend is thinking of going to Sprint, drop by the Spring store on S. Virginia next to Meadowood Mall and talk to Nick. He hooked up like 4 or 5 of us ini the club w/ service. He's got a WRX, and seems like a pretty cool guy (though he still hasn't come out to a meet!).

I was talking to him about that. He generally works on Thursdays till 8pm or so. He said he drove by once, but no one was outside, so he just left.

cody 2005-11-16 03:37 PM

Trisca says thanks, guys. I'm trying to get her to join...she drives an Outback. :)

Trisca 2005-11-16 03:51 PM

I joined... Thank you everyone for all the great info!

JC 2005-11-16 04:14 PM

Welcome to the club. Your Outback modded? haha I had Nextel and it sucked horrbily. I really like Verizon, but I haven't used it in Nevada yet.

sperry 2005-11-16 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trisca
I joined... Thank you everyone for all the great info!

Look it's member 301! Welcome.

tysonK 2005-11-16 04:20 PM

I voted for Cingular. wtf.

Just because I guess. I thought nextel was below par. I like my sprint so far. I bought the really god damned expensive sprint phone and my signal is good, very good.

Trisca 2005-11-16 04:26 PM

Thanks, this is my first forum... No, not moded, but Cody is trying and he's pretty persuasive! I should, it's relally slooowww on the uptake (it's an automatic).

JC 2005-11-16 04:30 PM

Well it's a good choice to get started! When you start wanting to mod be sure to post up, we'll be happy to help and I have plenty of ideas. My parents had a 00 Outback. They went out of town for a month and I put an intake on since I had to drive it around, then back to stock before they came home. lol So I know the pain of a stock outback.

cody 2005-11-16 04:47 PM

What? No love for Cricket? :lol:

MattR 2005-11-16 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cody
What? No love for Cricket? :lol:

Well, their radio commercials make me want to take my own life.