Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   EVO Woman (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1436)

qksubi 2004-05-12 08:36 PM

EVO Woman

Friday the lexus is a goner my wife is getting a red EVO VIII :D
We are doing a dealer trade from davis it will be here friday!!
She has already thought of a plate EVOWMN :evil:

ArthurS 2004-05-12 08:37 PM

SWEET!!!!

Tell her congrats for me

tysonK 2004-05-12 08:46 PM

OMG! :shock:

You're gonna love her new EVO! :wink:

MattR 2004-05-12 09:53 PM

bad Ass! best garage ever! Nice work.

AtomicLabMonkey 2004-05-13 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattR
bad Ass! best garage ever!

Actually I believe this might be the best garage ever. :lol:

Dean 2004-05-13 03:48 PM

She must come out and learn how to drive this car with us. As we know, it can be a handful and can get the driver in a lot of trouble real fast.

Especially coming from the Lexus, that stearing is going to be quite a change.

I'd be happy to coach her if she would like. Heck, that is an option very few have taken me up on yet. Don't know why... Hmmm, I shower, and use deod... Oh yeah, I'm stuck in the damn bus...

qksubi 2004-05-13 10:11 PM

Shoot screw that :twisted: I need you show me what Im diong wrong :D
Actually I just ask matt to ride with me at Hawthorne I would love run the kind of times you guys do even to shave off a little i would be happy :D

Dean 2004-05-13 10:23 PM

SLOW DOWN... Slow is fast. I think I forgot that at the past two events with my hands to some extent. So focused on making the car go fast, I forgot my hands.

If you can slow your hands down and make them as well as your feet smooth, you will be much faster.

Eyes need to be looking where you are going, not in front of the car, or worse at the cone you just hit. The car will go where you are looking. People swerving off the road while they change CDs or look at there stereo is a great example of this.

No coasting! AWD only works when your foot is on the gas, and the drive line is under positive torque. You can actually slow down while the drive line is engaged due to friction.

Brake in a straight line and then turn, wait, just enough gas to keep the drive line under torque, start unwinding the wheel smoothly... Now Gas... Did I mention eyes up?

Yea, yea, ABS is a wonderful thing, but unless you are know how to trail brake, you should only be doing one thing, braking, or turning at a time.

I also give guided course walks. How you walk, and what to look for during a walk is pretty important...

I forgot... Seat time, practice, seat time, practice...

qksubi 2004-05-13 10:36 PM

Ok now i will read this several times, but can you ride with me at least once .
one other thing my fastest time is always my third lap then is goes back up
Is there any logic in this :oops:

Kevin M 2004-05-13 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qksubi
Ok now i will read this several times, but can you ride with me at least once .
one other thing my fastest time is always my third lap then is goes back up
Is there any logic in this :oops:

As you get more comfortable with the course, you get more aggressive, which leads to more mistakes. After your third run, instead of htinking "go faster" think "be smoother, get the line just right." But don't slow down trying to be smooth- a lot of people do that.

MikeSTI 2004-05-14 10:09 AM

good stuff we should put together a hand book to read, "Do's & Do not's of Autocross" :D

qksubi 2004-05-16 01:43 PM

EVO HAS ARRIVED!

1 Attachment(s)
The evo is here first showing is at 7:00 pm Beers optional :twisted:
If any of you guys want to see her and have a beer give me a call
851-4980

ArthurS 2004-05-16 08:31 PM

:shock:

SWEET

MattR 2004-05-16 08:59 PM

Dude, I got your message late last night, we were coming thru Fernley at about 9:15, so i figured it was a little late...Besides, I'm beat-down tired from the weekend. Anyway, the cars look great, can;t wait to see the new one.

tysonK 2004-05-16 09:03 PM

oh yeah!

Dean 2004-05-16 09:21 PM

Cool. We figured we rolled past you on one of the trains we pased on the way back... But no, you are sitting at home drinking beers looking at the new car in the driveway. :mrgreen: Wish we got back in time to join you... We will have to make the second viewing...

doubleurx 2004-05-16 10:17 PM

du nu nu nu na nat!

MikeSTI 2004-05-16 10:35 PM

where you on Rock and McCarren today with those badboys?

qksubi 2004-05-17 06:45 AM

Yeah we going to a freinds house we both drove because I thought I was going to get called for work :D

Evo Mike 2004-05-19 03:01 AM

that's SWEEEET! It's great to hear that another evo is on the road! red too!! damnnnn... well all i can say is congrats.. it's an awesome car.