View Single Post
Old 2007-11-20, 05:13 PM   #94
AtomicLabMonkey
Nightwalker

Car: '13 WRX

YGBSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinr View Post
Still trying to figure out how Ford managed to screw up 605hp. Read the article in Road and Track about the Mustang GT500 Super Snake; it should be a lot faster than it is with that much HP.
Big, heavy & (relatively) slow. Sounds like a Furd to me.

Quote:
Atomic you sound a little bitter man... just because you can't afford one doesn't mean it's a steaming pile of poop.
My bitter cynicism extends to life in general too, not just the auto industry. You should also realize that pretty much anything I say on this board is strictly my own opinion, which is worth just as much as yours. I personally appreciate innovation and optimization in all aspects of vehicle performance. And by innovation I don't mean finding how many heated leather bluetooth-enabled radar-equipped heat-seeking cupholders you can squeeze into a given interior, and then charge eleventy-billion thousand more dollars for the "added value".

Quote:
Have you ever driven anything exotic?
My status as a lowly engineering monkey doesn't afford me the opportunity to drive vehicles that carry prancing horse badges on the street. The closest I've come is driving real racecars on closed courses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonk
Does the new mustang sill have a solid rear axle?
Yes. It's the best solid axle design the car has ever been equipped with, but still a solid axle. Ford built a couple of IRS prototypes they were thinking about putting in the current Cobra/Shelby/whateverthefucks, but shitcanned that idea due to their genius executives who micromanage the details of every car that rolls off the factory floor.

I also heard some guy at some aftermarket company designed a sweet scratch-built IRS prototype for the 05+ Mustangs a couple of years ago, but the company decided to drag its feet on the project and it still isn't available for sale.