View Single Post
Old 2008-04-09, 04:37 PM   #140
MPREZIV
Token

Car: 2001 Impreza 2.5 RS
Class: 05 TDSP

No, I won't work on your car. F* your car

I'm with Tyson, in the "but you're still driving a Nissan" boat.

In my opinion, Nissan hasn't really built many vehicles lately, without running into a TON of stupid ass, "we under-engineered this" problems. Even the vehicles built in Japan, that most people would swear are better built, have BUMBASS issues. Z cars with fuel/vapor hoses that dry-rot and dump out fuel within 3k miles, Muranos with t-cases splitting clean in half, and transmissions that won't make it to your 30k service.

I know every manufacturer has it's issues, so to speak, but I really don't think Nissan's made a decent vehilcle in at least 4 years. When they did make good cars, they were boring 2.4L Altimas, average (in terms of interest) Maximas, and trucks that hadn't seen a redesign in YEARS. They were all AWESOME in terms of reliability and serving their purpose, but nobody gave a shit about them, and Nissan struggled. Now they're coming out with all new and redesigned vehicles that are eye-catching and look GREAT on paper, but they can't seem to deliver in the reliability dept. any more.

I really hope people who pay likely around 100K for a GTR, (after dealers mark them up, which they WILL) don't find themselves fighting for "lemon law" to buy that shit back, but I won't be surprised if it happens.