Old 2009-12-30, 08:00 PM   #159
A1337STI
EJ205

Car: Impreza and an Impreza
Class: AS / CRS PerfStock

"pedal on the right"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody View Post
And it was later than peak rush hour, schools are out, and it was downhill. It's taken more than an hour several times when traveling home around 5:30pm during snow/icy conditions. One time it took me over 3 hours last Winter. That incline on 395 after McCarron can be a real bitch for people without the apropriate vehicle/setup.

Since we're supposed to get 6 inches + in Stead tonight and I have to drive Amanda to work (leaving earlier and driving out to Moana), I expect tomorrow won't be so pleasant of a commute.

Crazy.. 3 hours? really? wtf that's Insane!

Worst i've had so far is about 80 minutes this winter. Think it took me 90 minutes once last winter to go up in my 93 FWD, all seasons and open diff. spooner was a worry cause i knew if i had to stop i wouldn't get going until the snow melted. Normally it takes me 1 hour flat .

The only part of my drive where i get caught driving with lots of massively under prepared drivers is the washoe flat. Even though its completely flat and straight i've seen a few car accidents there just this winter already!

Spooner seems to scare off most of the non 4wd/awd snow tire peeps and generally the slowest traffic going up is still doing 30-35. I'll do the limit up or down in the snow. esp with studded snows. just have to watch out for slushy and glare ice conditions. but packed snow i just set the cruise control at my normal commute rate.

A1337STI is offline   Reply With Quote