Old 2010-01-08, 02:09 PM   #12
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody View Post
I'm sure your Driving Force wheel is nicer than the one I have. Mine is blue and black and loud and it vibrates a lot. It's not really worth hooking up, but it does work with the 3 or so PS3 games I've tried it with. I'd like to upgrade it and get a cockpit some day.
The DFP is the "premier" wheel that came out for GT3. It's got the 900deg rotation deal. It's a pretty nice wheel in general, but compared to most console wheels, it's awesome. Not quite the same level of force feedback power as the Momo wheel, but it's up there with the build quality. It also uses the exact same pedals as the Momo wheel. So, they're very similar products.

You might want to try the Momo wheel out. It may work with anything that works w/ the DFP. Though a quick search seems to indicate the way the PS3 works is that each game has to directly support the wheel, as opposed to Microsoft based stuff where if there's a driver, it's just a directX device that works w/ everything.

I'd be happy to sell you the momo wheel alone w/o the custom pedals or shifter from my PC setup for $60 if it works for you on the PS3.