View Single Post
Old 2010-06-07, 10:09 PM   #45
Highdesertsuby
EJ22

Car: 1997 Subaru Impreza L
Class: n/a

This is going to take crackerjack timing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklesplitter View Post
Okay, I'm raising the bid to $40. Surely since this topic is so important to Christianity, that Jesus (aka. <whatever they actually called him in his time>) should have spoken frequently and in great detail about the subject and how vile it is.

Also will give $.01 for every Jesus quote about feeding the poor.
Your challenge has a built-in fault that I will try to explain. No, you will not find a direct quote from Jesus in the gospel accounts saying anything about homsexuality...so don't worry, you won't have to fork out the $40. However, Jesus DID comment on sexual immorality, which would have included homosexual behavior according to the Torah (by the way, Jesus was a Torah-observant jew), so by His staement, Jesus was in fact condemning any activity that fell under "sexual immorality" as defined in the Old Testament. Here are the verses...

Matthew 15:18-20...18But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean.' 19For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20These are what make a man 'unclean'; but eating with unwashed hands does not make him 'unclean.' " Show me how "sexual immorality" did NOT include homosexual behavior as part of it's definition.

The other thing to consider is that Jesus WAS God in the flesh, as shown by John 1:1-14 and many other passages. Jesus himself made the claim so often that it was the primary reason the Jews tried to have Him killed (John 10:33 "We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.") Jesus did not deny this charge, nor the claim from Thomas (John 20:28 Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!") So, based on this information...ANYtime the bible spoke out about homosexuality (or any other sin for that matter), it was in fact Jesus speaking. When God laid down the Law on Mt. Sinai, it was Jesus who was speaking to Moses...God and Jesus are the same.

How about that $40?