View Single Post
Old 2010-09-27, 09:11 AM   #21
cody
Candy Mountain

Car: 03 Pussy Wagon, now with more pink!
Class: TESP

OMG Internet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrobwoot View Post
These are the tires I have on my car right now. Cory mounted them last July-ish, and I still have at least 50% tread. I tear them up on every ramp I can, too.

They were great in the snow last winter. Never got stuck, and I tried. After it was snowing all night one night, with snow up to the mirrors, I just brushed the snow off the car and drove out of the spot, uphill, no problem. I also passed a snowplow that was spinning its wheels on the ice. I plowed some roads for him, since my car is so low

I don't have a lot of experience with many other tires, but I love the ContiExtremeContacts. I will definitely buy them again.

Edit: forgot to mention that they grip so well in the snow that when I would floor it to slide, most of the time I would just accelerate. If I did lose traction, the tires would grip again so quickly that I could smell clutch after doing that a few times in a row.
Thanks, Rob. Do you like the "stability feel" of them? They aren't "wandery" on the freeway or anything? Any advice regarding tire pressures? What size are you running them in and is that your OEM size?