View Single Post
Old 2010-12-10, 11:26 AM   #1456
cody
Candy Mountain

Car: 03 Pussy Wagon, now with more pink!
Class: TESP

OMG Internet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Koan View Post
Hmm.... Eagle 3 has made an HKS branded controller specifically for racing games. I am absolutely terrible racing with a controller, but I also hate bringing the wheel out and putting it away every time I want to play GT5. I wonder if this is worth it. Part of me thinks it'll be nice to be able to play the game without pulling out the wheel, but the other part of me thinks this won't be good enough once I get far enough along in the game.

http://kotaku.com/5711155/review-hks...for-your-hands
It is a pain to drag out the wheel and put it away, but it only takes less than a minute to do both so I just suck it up. While I hate playing with the controller, I do it when I'm just grabbing a quick race sometimes.

I don't think I'd see the same "pros" as the reviewer at your link for the HKS controller. It appears he's comparing the controls on the HKS to non-analog controls. I reconfigured the controller setup on GT5 to be just like NFS...so steering is done with the left analogue stick and brake and throttle are the analog R2 and R3 buttons. Shifting is done with X and Square. I'm sure I'd like the feel and sexiness of the HKS better than the DS3, but I wouldn't buy one. Any of the advantages are just duplicating what I already have or at least they seem minor.