Old 2011-04-20, 10:44 AM   #53
A1337STI
EJ205

Car: Impreza and an Impreza
Class: AS / CRS PerfStock

"pedal on the right"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post

Meanwhile, I think just about everyone else knows that we cannot cut spending on the order necessary to balance the budget. It's time to raise taxes... especially on the people that can afford it. Personally, I'm offended by rich folks that have their success by and large due to the favoritism afforded to them by lax gov't economic regulations who, now that the tide has turned, refuse to suck it up and pay higher taxes in order to get the economy back on track. I'm not rich, but I can afford to pay a little more if that's what it takes to turn things around.... so I know for sure that someone making 100 times as much as I do should be able to STFU and pay an extra 5%-10% more in taxes for then next 4 years.

I think Obama's continued support of bail-out type spending and insistence on tip-toeing around the idea of raising taxes in order not to offend conservative voters is a mistake. It's prolonging the economic recovery. It's about time we pull the band-aid off quickly. The sooner we stop spending money on recovery projects and just let those that are broke be broke, and the sooner we raise revenue and balance the budget, the sooner things will turn around and jobs will be created, etc. Yes, raising taxes sucks... it slows growth... but not as much as bankruptcy slows growth... and we've got to stop passing the debt around and around. It's time for everyone to suck it up and pay the piper.
Definitely agree with that.

One line i hate is when the affluent and rich say that a raise of taxes will take away their incentive to product, keeping 74% of what they earn they have all sorts of motivation to make money, but change that to 70% and all of a sudden they have no motivation to make money.. such a BS line ..

If you raise my taxes, and i'm really loving my current life style, that's a huge incentive for me to earn more money to continue to live how i was...

Ya Clinton definitely needed to enact more regulation (or not let it slip?) I still give him some credit it would have been easy for him to try and just spend all of the surplus but he actually did make a debt payment. he was in office for 8 years too, while the president isn't that in control of the economy i think he has to get some positive credit

A1337STI is offline   Reply With Quote