View Single Post
Old 2011-06-27, 12:02 PM   #9
A1337STI
EJ205

Car: Impreza and an Impreza
Class: AS / CRS PerfStock

"pedal on the right"

I think i did get 30 mpg going down to sacramento, staying close to the speed limit and lower rpm shifting points.

Ya i was afraid of the "something wrong" for burning / eating oil. AIMs built the motor .. though it does feel stronger now, than before the Idaho trip.

I also discovered @ idaho the O2 sensor plug came undone (the wide band one too) , not sure if it was like that for 1 stage, the entire weekend, or longer (into the break in mileage)

and i'm probably in a situation where its tough shit. with a Rally every 4 weeks and no spare block i don't think is possible to get the motor rebuilt, and since its been raced on i dought it would be under any sort of warranty. I think all they did to the lower end was a Re-hone and put in new rings and bearings. not really sure why i'm eating oil ... (maybe its driving style as all my imprezas end up with an oil eating problem?)

LoL waaaaaah oh well, shit happens. i should do a compression check and monitor it to see if i lose compression over any races...

A1337STI is offline   Reply With Quote