Thread: Free Rides?
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-22, 09:39 PM   #5
WRX06TR
EJ251

Car: 2005 STi
Class: MadtyteTunerBro!

Back to the studio!

Thanks Scott, I talked with MikeK a while ago about turbos and he had the same input about the GT52, I really like the GT52 but it is really expensive. I originally wanted the ATP3076, but the restriction of 91 octane really defeats the purpose of that turbo. I'm just looking for a moderate power increase, The STi has been at stage 2 for two or so years now and my WRX had a VF39, so I've been at this power level for a while and I'm getting bored with it. A little lag isn't a big deal if the mid-top end packs a decent punch, which is why I want a ride in a car with one.

Blouch has too many options, the new Dom turbos are pretty cool but a little out of my price range. The car is just going to be a DD for a while now, if I ever decide to go bigger I would just limit the STi to a track car and go really nuts with a beefier block and a 35r or something. I think the slightly less low end would help out my mpg for DD. My budget is around 2k-ish, turbo being 1400-1500 and injectors around 600 (a little less with Deatcshwerks core exchange) and the cost of a tune. I would pull the trigger on the new Forced Performance HTA Green, but Mike loathed his Green and everybody hates Forced Performance's customer service.
WRX06TR is offline   Reply With Quote