Thread: help with swap
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-03, 03:50 AM   #1
scubasteve
EJ18

Car: 05 Forester XT
Default help with swap

Hey guys, Ive got a 2005 forester xt. Over the past year Ive picked up some swap parts for the car. I have a vf39, STi intercooler, STi upipe, and invidia downpipe with a stock STi cat back.

Im kinda of looking for some things that Ill need to make the swap as smooth as possible.

I have new gaskets for between the uppipe and turbo and between the upipe and exhaust manifold. new gaskets between the turbo and downpipe and between the downpipe and catback.
I saw on an install video that there was some type of sealant or something that was being put onto the gaskets...any insight?

Ive read the intercooler will rub against the AC lines, so I can either bend them and wrap the lines in some thick rubber or I saw someone that put a grommet/spacer of some sort under the intercooler tabs to lift the intercooler a little and didnt have to mess with the AC lines. Has anyone else heard about this second method?

I have an STi recirculation hose too...i guess the forester one is part metal/part rubber and wont fully reach to where I need to go...

Any other extra nuts/bolts/lubes that come to mind that you think will make this intall a little smoother? Id rather pick them up and stock them instead of having to run back and forth during the event

Thanks a bunch!
~Scuba
scubasteve is offline   Reply With Quote