Old 2004-06-17, 03:08 PM   #17
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSTI
what I meant by "village" is that there where more people in you life then just your parents to raise you and if not now I know why you are the way you are
Huh? Both my parents raised me in a pretty decent environement. They never abused me, they never argued in front of me, and they always took responsibility for my education and needs. When two parents do that, why in the world do you need a "village" of other people?

The whole "village" concept is one of irresponsibility for the people that *should* be raising their kids, the parents! It's like moms and dads that get pissed off about their kids learning about sex, or religion, or evolution in school. If you don't like what your kids are learning, then take responsibility to teach them right! The whole village thing is even worse, since it promotes irresponsible parents.... "well it's not my fault my son is a murderer and my daughter is a hooker... I didn't teach them!"... no f'ing shit.

Having extended family, and friends around that care about your kids is nice and all, but it's certainly not their responsibility to provide a nuturing environment for your kids. That's what parents are for.