View Single Post
Old 2005-01-17, 03:47 PM   #11
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
Wouldn't the TNL school we took qualify us for Group C with Audi Club Dean? Personally, I won;t be doing AC events til the Fernley one, so by then I *should* have even more track time, but I would think that track experience + good instruction should do it right?
No. If one day TNL is your only performance driving experience, then you will probably end up in one of the two novice/beginner groups.

It depends on the individual, but a couple of track days would probably be a minimum with autocross thrown in as a bonus. Mike with his TNL, and now some Audi stuff is probably good. Someone who has autocrossed but never been on a track, and/or only done the one day of TNL probably is not ready for the speeds in the Audi group C. They may be by day 2, and can get bumped if needed, but that seldom happens as much of group A & B are going "fast" by day 2.

Learning to look for flagers, and managing your vision, and body parts at speed on a track takes practice, and the last thing you want is to be learning while being constantly overtaken.