View Single Post
Old 2005-02-02, 12:51 PM   #11
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean
There is also a new Novice/RNP proposal added to the agenda that I submitted that will indirectly affect Street tire by removing the newbies from it for the most part. Oh, and you will need to replace your "N"s with "T"s...
Along those lines, I'd like to propose we use *'s after or before a number/class to denote RNP. That way, everyone keeps their number and class when running rnp so we don't end up with like 6 "14 rnp" cars at an event.

so I'd be 04 TSM and later in the afternoon 04 *TSM for rnp.
I was going to cut and paste, but here is the whole thing... 4,5, and 11 discuss class displays.

Quote:
This proposal is for the management of Novice and RNP drivers to allow us to more easily balance run groups, make the first experience for new attendees as simple, and as enjoyable as possible, reduce the "classing" load on tech, reduce some of the confusion at registration, and possibly reduce the at event load on timing and scoring for new attendees.

1. Novice is defined to be a driver new to autocross who does not know what class they are in, much less what classes are, and has not competed for more than 1/2 the events in a season in any region or club.

2. RNP drivers are defined as drivers who are not interested in competing for event, or season results for any reason. This may include visiting drivers from other regions, drivers running a seccond time after completing their competitive runs, non classable car, drivers not eligible for novice status, or drivers just wanting to run in a specific portion of the day.

3. Novice and RNP cars must meet normal tech requirements, but classing of cars is not required, and car numbers may be of a non-permenant nature. (Tape, paper, etc.)

4. Novice cars should display a "N" for class clearly on both sides of the vehicle

5. RNP cars should display either their normal class with a line through it(tape), normal class turned sideways or upside down in such a manner they are not confused with a normal class, normal car class preceded by an "R", or the class RNP. Cars with no class listed may also be assumed to be RNP by timing and scoreing.

6. Novice and RNP drivers will sign up on a seperate worker sheet, or registraion cards form normally classed drivers. Colors/fomat to be determined.

7. Approximately 10 minutes before the driver's meeting, event staff will make the determination which run group Novice and RNP drivers will run in. If possible, all Novice drivers should be in a single run group per 1/2 of the day, but RNPs can be distributed as needed.

8. A new worker position, "Novice chief" will be added to registration forms, and will be responsible for mentoring and coaching novic drivers. This position should be filled by an individual with the approriate skills for this position. If this position is not required for a run group, that worker will be reassgned by the worker chief. In the event that a novice coach is not availale, grid worker and other event staff should make every effort to assist novice drivers in any way possible without neglecting their other duties.

9. Novice and RNP times will be published, but will not be eligible for individual event trophies, or awards unless otherwise stated.

10. Novice drivers will be permitted to request that up to 4 events worth of results be moved to a national or regional SCCA class. Any resulting changes in class or PAX finishing positions, or points will be permitted, and required and are not protestable. Drivers making this request will no longer be eligible for Novice class.

11. Street Tire will change their class from "N" to "T" to avoid confusion withth e Novice class.
Feel free to comment now, or tonight.