sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean
Preload End Links?

If the swaybar is properly installed, it should move fairly freely in it's mounts, and unless you are circle tracking, you don't want preload. Attaching the end links can wait until it is back on the ground I would think. If your sway bar does not move freely, then you need to shim the "D" bracket to allow it to do so. Jack Stands and wheels off should give you more room to work I would think though I did not do my bar.

Assuming your end links are adjustable length solid bushings, you want to do them after the car is settled anyway, so drive it with the bar zip tied up and then park it as level as possible, maybe on some 2x4s or something to get easier access to hook them up with no preload. Don't turn the wheels to install the end links! It will likely change the corner heights.

Do not worry if they are not exactly the same length.
Dean, set your ride height to about 12.5" and see if you can fit under there to hook up the endlinks. It's damn near impossible... you need room.

Without ramps, you can usually get one hooked up, but the other one involves a breaker-bar for leverage and lots of cussing. You can flex the bar enough to get the link in there, but I worry about torquing the endlink bolts down under that pre-load. It's probably not a really big deal, since I'm talking about fixed length endlinks, but it's still something to consider.

With adjustable length endlinks, then you *have* to get the car flat and level, which means ramps for sure if you can't squeeze under there.