Thread: This Anybody?
View Single Post
Old 2005-12-11, 06:51 PM   #27
DARKSTI
EJ22

Car: '07 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

It's not that I'm lazy, It's that I don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
Even racing on the street below the speed limit is dangerous... that's why the law isn't "no racing over the speed limit", the law is "no racing".

And while people get killed at race tracks... innocent bystanders don't get killed at the race track. When I'm out there I'm at 100% concentration in a car inspected for safe operation, with other cars driven by drivers at 100% concentration in their safety inspected cars... and we've all signed waivers.

On the street there are people out there that aren't in on your little game, and it's not fair to risk their lives. That's why street racing is illegal... not 'cause "the man" is trying to keep you down, it's 'cause other people can die when you fuck up on the street, not just the participants.

When you start getting into the 11's at the strip, I believe a cage is required... but road race tracks don't tend to have the same requirements. Though if you're getting into 100+ mph speeds, a roll hoop becomes a good idea. I'm looking at getting a 6 point hoop before next season starts.

If you're going to put so many resitrictions on yourself trying to be safe about it, why not just stop racing on the street period? Plus, safety issues aside, it doesn't matter how desolated the spot is that you pick to race on, it's still your ass in jail if the cops see you. Why even bother with the risk, when there are much more fun and much safer venues to race at?
Becuase i dont have to travel...its right there..like i said i dont even do it..it very rare i do. I had a Camaro try to get me to race..i didnt. Dont judge me for one thing i have done. Im not against the "man", im not some teenage punk. I admit when i first got my license and my first car, a V6 Mustang i raced like a idiot, but i had a few close calls with police and stopped, its not worth it, thats why i have those conditions. They are hardly ever meet.
You are right on the innocent bystander part, ill admit that.
DARKSTI is offline   Reply With Quote