sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Whooo-ha, I got you all in check!

Name: Scott Perry (sperry)
Car: 2002 WRX
Mods: EJ257 short block, ported/polished WRX heads, TD05-20G turbo, PE800 injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, Perrin fuel rails, Perrin BigMAF intake, Perrin FMIC, Gruppe-S jet-coated headers, Vishnu flex uppipe, Invidia TBE (catless/resonated).
Wheel HP: (289.3) @ (6000) RPM
Wheel Torque: (286.0) @ (4500) RPM
Dyno: (Mustang @ Gruppe-S)

I'm actually making less peak power than I got out of the GT30-10 turbo, but the torque difference, and area under the curve makes this setup hit like a truck-load of hammers. It's actually too fast to drive on the street, I have yet to floor it in 3rd gear. Maybe once I get the registration taken care of I 'll go floor it up a freeway on ramp or something.

The next step is to decide whether or not to keep the aquamist kit I've got. Gruppe-S couldn't get it working reliably due to the location of the pump under the hood and the tank in the trunk (the primer pump setup just wasn't reliable enough considering the risk to the motor if it failed). I think it will work better if I move the pressure pump to the trunk. However the kit is still a nightmare to install, and I'm not sure I'm qualified to do it, so I may just send the kit back... the car is retarded fast as it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	doink_dyno_289-286.jpg
Views:	805
Size:	408.4 KB
ID:	3277