Old 2006-05-05, 11:30 AM   #36
Speedtoy
n00b

Car: 05 baja Turbo 5spd
Class: Yellow Bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean
Wait a minute...This is an imposter...

The real Speedtoys "Jeff" spells his name Geoff I thought... Maybe that is just his 3S name... since he hasn't owned a 3S in years. Maybe he changed his name so the Corvette folks wouldn't know he is a closet turbo/AWD fan...

Next this imposter will try to sell us brake pads and rotors at discount prices...

Actually..when is the next event for the club?

Im looking to do a "try and buy", where some well regarded member who is at the particular track event gets to try out some different pads for a session or so, and then swap back to what they had, and give the club some feedback..and turn that into sales (of course).

Its one of those ways that I/we can turn sticker shock of good pads into an understanding of the differences.

When I quote $225 for R4-S pads to an STi owner..they blink..lots. $40k for a car, thousands perhaps in go-fast stuff, but for brakes, many people still seem to have this 'tread softly' budget. You cant add 150Hp to a car, attend a track day, and continue with a non-track specific brake pad for long.

Not a flame, just looking for ways to help shift points of view..stopping is WAY more important that accelerating.