Old 2003-11-06, 12:37 AM   #18
STIwish
EJ251

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
Quote:
Originally Posted by STIwish
Quote:
I'm also wondering what it'd take to setup a PE1418 on my ride. Prolly some STi injectors, Perrin fuel rails (I'm all about making safe boost), STi or Vishnu TMIC, Walbro, and a ECU Remap or XEDE. i.e. It's gonna cost a pretty penny!
The STI injectors are probably enough for the setup, but the fuel rails are a complete waste according to most tuners, I'd probably go with a TXS TMIC for the setup, especially since ur looking for as little lag as possible... Walbro for sure.. and hell, i'd just pick up a UTEC... would be a TIZIGHT setup, not quite my style though.
Parallel fuel rails will prevent #3 from being lower on pressure than the other cylinders. It's usually the 1st one to go. Even w/ a fuel pump, if the gas can't get out to the #3 cylinder fast enough, it doesn't matter how much the injector flows, that cylinder will still run lean... and at 21psi, that motor's done. That being said, this turbo probably won't make quite so much power that the fuel rails are totally necessary, I just like staying on the safe side. The only reason I ever want to have to pull the motor is because I've got an I-Speed to drop in there... and then I'd want to keep the EJ20 for my (imaginary) Porsche 914 autocross car... so I'm not about to blow it up!

The TXS TMIC is too big to fit in my car w/ my Whiteline STB and the A/C lines. The Vishnu and STi TMICs aren't quite as good, but they do fit w/o modification, and work with the IC hoses I already have.

XEDE is the same thing as the UTEC... both are user programable piggybacks... but the Xede came out after the Subaru ECU was cracked, so I'd bet it's got better signal generation to match what the ECU is expecting. Honestly, I think I'd rather run just the ECUTek remap, but then I'd be tuned for driving at sea level, and I think I'd rather be able to tweak it just a bit for high altitude.
Well i got told.