View Single Post
Old 2006-12-14, 08:05 AM   #23
MPREZIV
Token

Car: 2001 Impreza 2.5 RS
Class: 05 TDSP

No, I won't work on your car. F* your car

TSBs are not covered under warranty. Recalls are. Gay, even in my opinion.

The Diag. fee sucks, but the thing is that the service dept. doesn't want just ANY jackass coming in, having "diagnosed their own car", and telling them what part to replace. Then when it turns out that they were wrong, they get all pissy because we didn't fix their car. If we diag. it ourselves, and WE are wrong, then the cust. has no liability, and we have to find what IS wrong, and fix it w/o charge. Often, there are smart customers who know what they're talking about, and have diagnosed their car CORRECTLY, but 99.99999% of the time, they're SUPER WRONG! It's just a "cover your own ass" policy...

And yes, it sucks a LOT to have to pay so much for someone to work on your car for an hour tops, and that's why I personally take such good care of my friends when doing work for them. They are just goin by the book tho, so you can't get to miffed at them for the $... I do know it sucks, but it's that way EVERYWHERE!