View Single Post
Old 2011-05-20, 09:16 AM   #1
100_Percent_Juice
(40 percent vodka)

Car: 2004WRX
Class: Baby-Hauler/GroceryGetter
Default Ipod stolen from my car. Help?

So I absolutely never leave my car unlocked. However, last night when I got home with the kids I was carrying a bunch of crap and I guess I didn't press the button all the way to lock. I get up this morning to go grab my ipod that I had left on the front seat and I notice that my driver door isn't pushed in all the way. Sure enough my ipod and ear buds are gone.

I don't really care about the ipod itself as I can probably get another one for under $100. I did however have around 1200 hand picked lossless songs on there. I can't imagine how much time it would take to reload an ipod with what I had.

I am having a hard time trying to understand who would have only stolen my ipod. I had a TON of electronics in the car and nothing was touched but the ipod. I had a wireless radar detector stuck to the window, 2 laptops in the back seat, memory cards just sitting out, my stereo, gauges, etc. As I list that, yes, it was totally stupid to leave all that in the car overnight. However, if you have kids you know how distracting they can be and I had forgotten that it was all still in the car.

I live at the end of a dead end street and my car is always parked on the street under a light post. The fact that nothing else was stolen, not even bluetooth stuff that was right next to the ipod, leaves me to believe that it was a younger kid who swiped it. The person obviously didn't spend time to look around in the car and wasn't a seasoned thief.

So what should I do? Just let it go and feel lucky that nothing else was stolen? I honestly think it was someone close on the street and I have no problem going door to door and saying " just wanted to give you a heads up that something was stolen out of my car so keep everything locked up... oh yeah and can you check your kids crap for my ipod?"

Obviously you can tell I'm irritated, otherwise I would not have spent the time to type this. I know that many of you have had way more stolen. Advice??