sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleurx
My Brain!

I went home that night for some reason thinking it was Seca. It did surpirse me that in less than an hour I could get 2 seconds on you guys. I only got a couple runs on Infineon which I rarely play on, but was able to get a 127.8XX with the stock car.

I can see it at the next track day. Me standing at RFR listening to a bunch of crickets. Meanwhile you guys standing in the Thunderhill paddock - "wasn't Nick supposed to be here today".
Man, I'm still laughing... I spent like 3 hours after I saw your time trying like 30 different lines through the esses trying to make up 2 seconds. I think I shaved off like 2 tenths.

But now that we're on to the new rules, those 1'27's aren't gonna cut it. I think the winner of this challenge will be in the low 1'22's. The car is actually quite a bit harder to drive with the extra power and lower weight... not so much due to the power, but more due to the higher speeds in the corners. The esses used to be a simple foot-on-the-floor ride, but now you're carrying so much more speed, you have to really nail the turn in points to be able to stay ahead of the turns and flat foot it. And I've found that the last sweeper before the hairpin really needs a tap of the left-foot to turn in hard enough to keep the speed up. Just getting that one turn right or wrong can swing my lap times by 2 or 3 tenths!

Anyway, I hope to see some more lap times from you guys soon, I need some motivation to get my times down.