Thread: NIN news
View Single Post
Old 2005-03-28, 09:53 AM   #50
AtomicLabMonkey
Nightwalker

Car: '13 WRX

YGBSM

Holy crap, the Davis show was intense. Freeborn Hall is fucking tiny, it's like the size of my junior high auditorium. Did the Reno show have the whiny angry rocker chick soloing with a guitar as the opening act? I think somebody in the band must be screwing her or something, cause she was awful.

Anyway, we had the same kind of format, no encore, but I think we had a few different songs than what you listed for the thursday show. There were at least 3 or 4 songs off The Fragile. IT FUCKING ROCKED. I'm really glad I finally got to go to one of these shows. We started out the show right down front by the rail, almost close enough to reach out and touch the band members. We were really having to kick some ass to stay on our feet up there, throwing elbows, knees, it was fucking nuts.. people were going crazy. It was such a crush up there that about halfway through the show Laura started having trouble breathing and was close to passing out so I had to grab her around the waist with one arm, and elbow, shove and kick my way backwards, carrying her out towards the back. Once we got about halfway back on the floor there wasn't a crush anymore, people were just standing normally, and she was able to recover some and we watched the rest from back there. Even there we were only like 50 feet away from the stage and still had a great view.