Old 2008-07-06, 03:39 PM   #8
ScottyS
EJ205

Car: 1998 Impreza Wagon, 1991 Legacy Turbo Sedan, 2003 Nissan Xterra
Class: tvFree

Yes, I'll fix it for you. Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyy View Post
Add some pictures to this thread for the fun of it please.
Done.

Quote:
Nothing done yet for power just suspension, but we did replace the old exhaust. It has an sti exhaust. Sounds good I would guess it would be plenty sufficent for an upgrade in turbo since it was design to operate the sti. You have to get the exhaust lengthen about 3" iirc, because the front to rear dimension is longer than the Imprezas.
10-4, I take it that the STi exhaust sounds much better than stock. The only reason I am thinking 3" all the way, is that I want to do as much to make it efficient and add power that isn't taxing on the motor or requiring extra management and stuff.

Quote:
If you want it to look stock, just make a custom 3" catback with a Magnaflow and get the least blingy tip you can find put on it. Better yet, get a dual 2.5" outlet and you can stick stock STi tips on it.
OK, I take it the STi muffler is not free-flow enough for a 3" pipe.

Quote:
I think I saw a full stock wrx exhaust for sale in reno craigslist. Check it out if that is what you are looking for.
Thanks for the tip, I asked him and he said it's catback. Did not get to a price, as I am more interested in WRX headers and up-pipe and 3" turbo back right now I think. Good to meet you at the meet!

Last edited by ScottyS; 2008-07-06 at 03:42 PM.
ScottyS is offline   Reply With Quote