Old 2007-07-23, 12:16 PM   #18
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyy View Post
How do you like the Tein Super Race coilovers? Did you start out with the Tein Flex? How would you compare the two? Thanks-D
The Super Races are basically double-adjustable Flex's. Their design is pretty much the same, with things just beefed up.

I really like them so far, but I still think I haven't learned enough about setting them up. I think I may want to go to some softer front springs to suck up the RFR bumps a bit better, while reducing understeer. But other than tuning them, I've had zero issues with maintenance (I just wash 'em off occasionally), the lower adjustment knobs have never frozen on me like my JICs did, they came out of the box 49/51 cross weighted at their recommended ride heights, they were a breeze to install, they've got caster/camber top mounts out of the box... really they're a great setup.

My only beef is with Tein USA... after going through a huge hassle to convert my '04 front lowers to '05 with my hub swap, I get the impression that Tein isn't all that interested in motorsports and standing behind their racing products. The folks at Tein Japan seem on the ball, but I don't think that dedication has been exported to the US branch. Compared to folks like Ground Control, Koni, Moton, Ohlin, and DMS... Tein looks like they're in it for the import tuner crowd and not the competition crowd, even though they've got a product that's competitive with the offerings from the rest.