View Single Post
Old 2005-12-27, 08:55 AM   #5
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

Well, the GRM Article shows the race tires have kept up. on a 40 second course, the best race tires were still a full 2.2 seconds faster than the best ST tire. This says the ST modifier is still below the real difference. I haven't crunched the numbers from Nationals, or the tour events, but I bet just like last year, they will show the same thing.

The ESP STIs were a PAX killer last year. Nuff said. If we had one on R compounds, Mike would probably have been smoked.(No criticism of Mike's driving intended)

Most of the Reno region race tire cars are under prepared, and they can quite their whining and live with it. The numbers don't lie. Why Does Larry Capen beat ASP cars in his less than ideal BSP car? Because he has spent the time to make it as good as he can, and he drives extremely well.

I do agree that ST has reached critical mass, and should be split up amung the R classes. Idealy, they should be competing for the single class trophy (BS/TBS), (BSP,TBSP)... But good luck getting the software to do that!

What are people's thoughts on the novice class? was it a success? Should we continue it?

Last edited by Dean; 2005-12-27 at 08:57 AM.
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote