View Single Post
Old 2005-11-01, 03:41 PM   #1
Nick Koan
JDM Cowboy

Car: 2015 Mazda 3
Default New Games Thread

So, I know we have a few gamers out here, and I'm bored, so I'm going to start a new thread on video games.

Stuff I picked up recently:

Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks.
Very simple beatemup platformer, but also quite entertaining. My thumbs hurt, and I think I'm almost done after only a little bit of playing. But, it really brings me back to my MKII roots (which was the last and only MK I seriously got in to). I was also basically looking for a game where I got to mash buttons and beat shit up and have it look cool without much brain involvement. For that, it was perfect.

F.E.A.R.
Pretty damn cool FPS. So far I really like the single player, haven't tried multiplayer. My main gripe, though, is that I have a widescreen monitor, and it doesn't have my native resolution supported. Oh well. Nice and creepy. You know, a military style shooter where there is a creepy little possesed girl that haunts you.

Burnout Revenge:
Very unrealistic driving, but so what, its fun. Crashing, racing, blowing stuff up. Man, I'm sensing a theme in my recent game purchase. No thinking, just blow shit up.